2hgw75i.jpg

2uyj1gw.jpg

2iu6i49.jpg

125rst4.jpg

2u5cg2o.jpg

2881l6t.jpg

Last edited:
Caporegime
STALKER always looks great but I just can't get into them. Which one is seen as the best?

What game(s) have you tried out of the three? What, in particular, did you find let the experience down for you? :)

What the best one is, is subjective, however I tend to read more positives for 'Shadow of Chernobyl' and 'Call or Pripyat' than for 'Clear Sky'. Personally, if playing vanilla (which I wouldn't advise when there are so many great mods out there), I would say Clear Sky is the best looking / most graphically demanding game out of the three, though I think overall it is a touch weaker in level design than the others - but only towards the end of the game. Shadow of Chernobyl generally has zero performance problems due to its age, but 'only' has, iirc, DX9. Call of Pripyat has the benefits of DX11, but unfortunately throws in a terrible fov (55). I also happen to think that it's the weakest looking when viewed from a vanilla perspective.

I think they are all very good, just in different ways. Overall, my personal favourite is Call of Pripyat with a mod like SGM 2.1, which not only overhauls the graphics, but also the quests.

Whatever one you might try out next, I would strongly recommend you apply a mod to it. If you need any help, just let me know. I'll be more than happy to help. They're usually dead easy to mod.

Last edited:
Soldato
What game(s) have you tried out of the three? What, in particular, did you find let the experience down for you? :)

What the best one is, is subjective, however I tend to read more positives for 'Shadow of Chernobyl' and 'Call or Pripyat' than for 'Clear Sky'. Personally, if playing vanilla (which I wouldn't advise when there are so many great mods out there), I would say Clear Sky is the best looking / most graphically demanding game out of the three, though I think overall it is a touch weaker in level design than the others - but only towards the end of the game. Shadow of Chernobyl generally has zero performance problems due to its age, but 'only' has, iirc, DX9. Call of Pripyat has the benefits of DX11, but unfortunately throws in a terrible fov (55). I also happen to think that it's the weakest looking when viewed from a vanilla perspective.

I think they are all very good, just in different ways. Overall, my personal favourite is Call of Pripyat with a mod like SGM 2.1, which not only overhauls the graphics, but also the quests.

Whatever one you might try out next, I would strongly recommend you apply a mod to it. If you need any help, just let me know. I'll be more than happy to help. They're usually dead easy to mod.

I tried all 3 STALKER games, however only briefly because I just couldn't get into them. The fact the starting guns couldn't hit a barn door and nothing felt really achievable then. I keep meaning to put more time into them but it just never felt right.

I am looking for one that's absorbing from the beginning and doesn't make you feel completely useless. It's the same reason I didn't like the Mass Effect games. You're playing a character about to join an amazing super secret organization of spies, and he can't hit anything with his garbage guns. It ruins it for me.

Caporegime
I tried all 3 STALKER games, however only briefly because I just couldn't get into them. The fact the starting guns couldn't hit a barn door and nothing felt really achievable then. I keep meaning to put more time into them but it just never felt right.

I am looking for one that's absorbing from the beginning and doesn't make you feel completely useless. It's the same reason I didn't like the Mass Effect games. You're playing a character about to join an amazing super secret organization of spies, and he can't hit anything with his garbage guns. It ruins it for me.

I'll get back to this later today; just about to go out for my Christmas curry! :D

Nice shots, Proto. :)

mrk

mrk

Man of Honour
Playing The Last Of Us and really enjoying the atmosphere and Emily as some funny moments like trying to whistle, singing and general one liners :D

Looks really beautiful as well for a PS3 game on my 27" monitor.

20131225_155552_Richtone%28HDR%29~01.jpg

Caporegime

Something like this might do the trick :

http://www.metacognix.com/stlkrsoc/

Back
Top Bottom