• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

1440p for around £450

Soldato
That deal ran out about 24hrs ago.
xCe8fqF.gif

Soldato
I've tested and played with 1440p on my LG OLED and I was pretty impressed with just how good it looked. Obviously native 4K looks better and sharper but at considerably more strain on the GPU.

Yeh.. I can't speak for other models by my LG c2 forced to run at 1440... Does it perfectly.. You'd think it was native resolution.. I did read something about why it's so good at running non native resolutions.. But I can't remember the technical details, but oleds are good at it.

Associate
OP
Well after the car felt left out and decided it wanted some money spending on it at the beginning of the week, and the wife being shocked at how much one part of a new pc build can cost (good job I'm not looking at a 4090:D), the budget is pretty much stuck at about £450.

So think that puts it down to the 7800 XT and a 4070, both of which I can get for £450. It's just deciding which one, the 7800 XT tempts me with it's overall better performance and extra VRAM. But the 4070 tempts me with DLSS and better raytracing support, although I know at this budget raytracing is going to hammer performance and may not even be worth it.

Man of Honour
Well after the car felt left out and decided it wanted some money spending on it at the beginning of the week, and the wife being shocked at how much one part of a new pc build can cost (good job I'm not looking at a 4090:D), the budget is pretty much stuck at about £450.

So think that puts it down to the 7800 XT and a 4070, both of which I can get for £450. It's just deciding which one, the 7800 XT tempts me with it's overall better performance and extra VRAM. But the 4070 tempts me with DLSS and better raytracing support, although I know at this budget raytracing is going to hammer performance and may not even be worth it.
Don't forget the 7800xt will have fsr while not as good as dlss is still relevant.

If you fancy ray tracing then the 4070 does it better.

Maybe ask the wife ;)

Last edited:
Associate
It's a tough choice for sure. The 7800 XT will likely age a little better with more VRAM and higher overall performance, but even if RT performance won't be amazing if you couple it with DLSS you can still get a good experience with the 4070.

Back
Top Bottom