2024 OLED bonanza take your pick from dozens of new monitors

Soldato
OP
We don't have any roadmaps showing a 5120x2160 34 inch till 2025 unfortunately

I'd love for it to come earlier so I can upgrade.

But if you don't mind a bigger size - LG is launching 5120x2160 45 inch OLED monitors this year. It looks like LG is doing 5120x2160 in larger sizes first before it scales down the technology to smaller panels

Last edited:
Soldato
OP
These pro gamers are so mad that they gonna get beaten by a kid with a new AI monitor

But as he points out, MSI isn't even the first here, there is a video capture card you can use to get AI assistance in competitive games already

Last edited:
Soldato
OP

lol claims to show HDR content in the video, yet the video is encoded in SDR. Amateur mistakes. Take for example at 6 mins in, he starts comparisons sdr vs hdr content and says how much better hdr looks, yet in the video the hdr screens looks bad with severe black crushing... if only the video was recorded and encoded in HDR, now people the are gonna see this video and think HDR monitors suck

Last edited:
Soldato
OP
The thing that puts me off all the other brands bar Dell is the warranty. As far as I'm aware Dell are the only company who are covering burn in under warranty.

Check if they have a warranty for stuck or dead pixels. Everyone OLED I've owned has ended up with stuck or dead pixels, so if they warranty that you can use it

Soldato
OP
When I'm working from home, I have the curtains in the room closed because my OLED is a curved monitor and any light from the windows reflecting on it creates glare on the sides due to the curve. For light I have two bulbs in the ceiling, each is rated for 900nits. I have my monitor set to 100nits brightness and also I have the windows blue light filter turned on and set to 30%. Anything over 120nits or less than 30% blue light filter is too bright for me

Soldato
OP
With only a couple OLED panel manufacturers, you are at their whim as to when you'll get a panel in a size and resolution you desire.

Also because its a growing market, manufacturers focus on the most popular resolutions and sizes first, so if your preferred setup is one which is not common it may still be a couple years away from having an option for you to buy

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom