30 years...

Man of Honour
z32VFnK.jpeg

Started watching a documentary on YouTube yesterday, pretty good.

Associate
Unique generational talent. Encapsulated everything a true racing driver should be - “If you no longer go for a gap that exists, you are no longer a racing driver.”

RIP.

Associate
I still remember the day. I watched the race and I was still new to F1 but I did not know how to process the fact Ayrton had passed away.

JRS

JRS

Soldato
Great article here on the BBC regarding the special relationship between Prof Sid Watkins and Ayrton Senna.

It's a great read.

Yep.

If anyone hasn't, they should read Prof Sid's book "Life At The Limit". It's a powerful, infuriating, hilarious and essential work.

Man of Honour
OP
Monaco Historic have a Senna tribute. Some absolutely stunning cars. Shame the historic McLaren's are still not showing Marlboro. But, the Lotus' have John Player Special on them. Just looks right.

Man of Honour
Ayrton to this day is the greatest race driver I saw race. He captivated like no driver I’ve ever seen and was spectacular to watch.

I saw many of his races in FF2000 and most of his races in F3 and it was at that point he stood out as very special. People talk about Tommy Byrne and I remember him being super fast too but he didn’t captivate in the same way as Senna did, not even close and I’m half Irish.

Something about Senna and I’ve not seen it since. He wasn’t perfect and some of his justifications for his actions were difficult to support but he was so fast and on his day peerless.

Last edited:
Man of Honour
Consistency is what makes the best stand out as is the ability to go banzai for one single lap when needed. Lap after lap within tenths is something else.

Back
Top Bottom