• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

5700x fan curve / temps question

Soldato
Hi guys,

I'm trying to set up a sensible fan curve for my rig but I'm finding a bit of a bind - not helped by the fact that I always end up starting a fresh every time I update my bios. Spec in sig.

I just want something quiet but effective when idle/doing light work and then something more aggressive when I game and do more demanding work.

So, I initially go with something like this:

CPU TempFAN Speed
40 Celsius 40%
50 Celsius 50%
60 Celsius 60%
70 Celsius 70%
80 Celsius 80%
90 Celsius 100%

But I'm never really sure which one of the many cpu related temp readings (from monitors in Windows) the bios is reading from?

In the bios I only see the one reading for cpu temp but in Windows, apps like HWMonitor, show me multiple.

In the picture below for example, which reading is the bios taking for the curve?

Screenshot-2024-04-19-143334.png

And why is my min. value being reported as '0 RPM?' I read that as the fans are off? But I don't see how they can be with my current settings... any temp up to 40 degrees will always result in the cpu fans running at 40% right?

And what about the readings from the cpu itself in Windows?

Screenshot-2024-04-19-144158.png

They always seem to be a lot higher? And I accept that the cpu is going to be working harder in Windows than it is in the bios etc.

Thanks.

Soldato
And what about the readings from the cpu itself in Windows?
They always seem to be a lot higher? And I accept that the cpu is going to be working harder in Windows than it is in the bios etc.
it all depends on what sensor is been read... but 5700/5800 and the X3d's idle a little high 40c is fine

And why is my min. value being reported as '0 RPM?' I read that as the fans are off? But I don't see how they can be with my current settings... any temp up to 40 degrees will always result in the cpu fans running at 40% right?
just a reading error. it happens.

When i was on a PA120, i have the fan set to 800rpm till 55c, at that point i decided the cpu was under load and it not just a stupid spike so i moved it to 1,100 RPM and that was my profile.
infect it still kind of is just with an AIO monitoring fluid temps.
Dont get bogged down in fans speeds, my fans are silent all the time. i just worked out a happy low and high

EDIT - im assuming you have -30 offset on the CPU right

Last edited:
Soldato
Thanks mate!

-30 offset?
yer i havd had 3 5700's and all did -30 there very good cool running chips
go to AMD over clocking, and set it to enabled, then fined curve optimized. in there you want to set - 30

just look on your tube and look for "5700x curve optimizer"

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom