Aircon Regas £££!!

Soldato
Depends on the garage if they do the cheap regas (i.e top up) or actually do the full system. Example one of the local indies near me:

Air-Conditioning Full Service​

R134A from £50.00​

R1234YF from £110.00​

All Prices subject to 20% VAT​

Not just a top up like the fast fit centres do!

Our Air-con service includes:
- Free Nitrogen pressure test.
- Evacuation of all fluorinated and non fluorinated gasses.
- Minimum 25 minute vacuum to remove moisture from system.
- 8 minute leak test.
- Compressor oil replaced with PAG blue moisture resistant oil.
- 10cc ultra violet leak detection fluid.
- Refill with correct weight of refidgerant.
- Anti bacterial cleaning bomb inside vehicle to eliminate fungus and bad smells.
- Print out report for your records.
All of the above will be completed in 1 hour by our fully trained ata accredited Air-conditioning technicians.

Associate
A bottle of gas now costs a garage between 120&160,

There is limits imposed by the EU how much of this gas is allowed to be imported during the year, this pushes the prices to ridiculous levels when the summer rush comes in, I don't think it will quite get to COVID levels, but it's not uncommon for the bottle of gas to go upto 260.

The newer type of gas (can't remember the name of it now) is around the same price as apparently it's harder to make and is more environmentally friendly and as they there doesn't appear to be any restrictions.

A simple straightforward regas should be around £70-80, providing they don't do anything else.

Soldato
with the premium empty/refill service if they do discover even a small leak, are they obligated to empty system ?
I mean mine was topped up maybe 5 years ago and still seems efficace , but I wouldn't want to tempt providence.

Soldato
The aircon in my 12 year old 5 series stopped working fairly recently. Decided to go to Kwik Fit as they do a free check, and if the regas doesn’t work you don’t pay anything. £70 for the regas and it’s fine now.

Back
Top Bottom