All Metal Fans!!!

Associate
Magazine reviews on albums are ususally the opinions of ONE person so try not to take too much notice. The only thing I usually take from a review is factual info on the style of music which can be pretty opinionated aswell some times.

Associate
I think I'd have to suggest Rage Against the Machine - their first album (self titled), after that they went downhill.

I would suggest Rammstein as well even though they are more industrial rock than metal (so is NiN for that matter) - Mutter and Sehnsucht are both good albums to start with.

That's what I fink!

Stringbean

Man of Honour
Originally posted by stringbean
I think I'd have to suggest Rage Against the Machine - their first album (self titled), after that they went downhill.

I would suggest Rammstein as well even though they are more industrial rock than metal (so is NiN for that matter) - Mutter and Sehnsucht are both good albums to start with.

That's what I fink!

Stringbean

I think Clawfinger do that style so much better. At one point I used to get Clawfinger and RATM mixed up.

Underboss
Originally posted by PyRo_ffs
mayhem
burzum
summoning
darkthrone
arcturus
bathory
deicide
dimmu borgir
in flames
insomnium
mithotyn
emperor
morbid angel
dying fetus
rotting christ
dark funeral

dunno where ive been is the last few years, but i've not heard of any of them

i listen to :

Suplutura
Lit
Good Charlotte
Foo Fighters
Nirvana
Hole
Paradise Lost
Rammestein too ;)

Soldato
Originally posted by ShiWarrior
dunno where ive been is the last few years, but i've not heard of any of them
they're not exactly very mainstream :p all of them have been around for quite abit of time though :)
eew Paradise Lost :p i seen them live, they were awful, they hardly moved, they're music is depressing, they got annoyed by people shouting requests at them and they kept insulting and swearing at the crowd, not exactly a very good way to get new fans or even keep their current fans

Suspended
Slayer - Undisputed Attitude is a great album, I think they're all punk covers or something given the thrash metal treatment and it worked well.

Apart from that I'm glad I've just read this thread - going to try find some of these artists.

Soldato
Originally posted by Phily Baby
Slayer - Undisputed Attitude is a great album, I think they're all punk covers or something given the thrash metal treatment and it worked well.

Apart from that I'm glad I've just read this thread - going to try find some of these artists.
Yup Undisputed Attitude is an album of old-skool punk covers, some songs from Jeff Hanneman's old punk band!

Associate
If you after a good metal CD with lots of bands on then the Contaminated cd's are brilliant lots of good heavy bands for about 8 quid. No main stream bands at all and you can usually pick it up in HMV

Otherwise I would recommend

Sikth
Everytime I Die
Will Haven
From Autumn To Ashes
Poison The Well
Johnny Truant
3 Stages of Pain
The Dillinger Escape Plan
Zao
Old Man Gloom
Burnt By The Sun
Scissorfight - Mantrapping for sport and profit - If you dont own this album then you are really missing out it is amazing.

Soldato
Originally posted by Lankio
If you after a good metal CD with lots of bands on then the Contaminated cd's are brilliant lots of good heavy bands for about 8 quid. No main stream bands at all and you can usually pick it up in HMV

Otherwise I would recommend

Sikth
Everytime I Die
Will Haven
From Autumn To Ashes
Poison The Well
Johnny Truant
3 Stages of Pain
The Dillinger Escape Plan
Zao
Old Man Gloom
Burnt By The Sun
Scissorfight - Mantrapping for sport and profit - If you dont own this album then you are really missing out it is amazing.
Loads of bands on Contaminated CDs are rubbish, they are just good for humor values alone.

However, Sikth, DEP, Burnt by The Sun are cool.

Permabanned
american head charge
in flames <--- dont forget this one!
rammstein - herzeleid and mutter, didnt rate sehnsucht that highly
machine head
killswitch engage
one minute silence
kittie

just a few of my suggestions!

Back
Top Bottom