Any payroll/NIC experts in here?

Soldato
Anybody understand the difference between DPNI and P-scheme payment salaries involving tax/NI and workplace pensions?

Essentially I've been on the DPNI payment for my PAYE salary. This is the option for UK based employees with a foreign based employer, where the employee is not on a workplace pension.

A number of years back I enquired about workplace pensions (as if i was legally entitled to one) and was advised that even with a none UK employer, I'm entitled to it. So I asked my workplace to setup a workplace pension, they happily did. Originally I started working for them before the workplace pension was even a thing.

They employ a UK based accountant to do all the payroll, I was never switched to a P Scheme payment system, which is required if a workplace pension is involved.

Now I've checked my P60 forms for the last 5 years and it seems that my tax/NI deductions were taken based on no pension contribution from me, but I've had a deduction in pension payments for all these years.

So it means I have been paying too much income tax/NI as the pension deductions should have taken off the tax from these.

If so, how would I go about claiming back the excess tax etc I have paid over the years?

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom