Anyone visited RMC The Cave and/or the Arcade Museum?

Man of Honour
Hi chaps,

Being a follower of RMC for a few years I was going to visit the cave now its been open a little while (and its not too far away from me) and the new Arcade Museum as well.

https://rmcretro.store/visit/

Has anyone been? I only know one other person at work who has been and they said it was good :)

Last edited:
Soldato
Have only seen the videos, it was a cool project. I do wonder how sustainable it is as a business venture, given how niche retro gaming is. If I had the time, I'd definitely check it out. Hopefully it will still be there when I get round to it :D.

GeX

GeX

Soldato
Yep, am a long time Patreon of RMC and finally got to visit a couple of months back. It was just before the Arcade Archive was fully open, so got to check that out too.

Really enjoyed it, met up with friends there.

Seems sustainable as a business, given the space is the set for the videos too!

Soldato
Do you have to sign some form saying if you break something you have to pay for it before they let you in? Because I'll tell you I would be terrified letting the average public loose on literally any of the retro kit he has.

Soldato
Do you have to sign some form saying if you break something you have to pay for it before they let you in? Because I'll tell you I would be terrified letting the average public loose on literally any of the retro kit he has.
I'd imagine he has insurance to cover that side of things.

Soldato
I went to Arcade Archive last week: my son got a ticket for me for Xmas :)

Only a ~20 minute drive for me.

Was pretty great, albeit the games are predominantly 'golden era', which is a little early for my taste (prefer 2nd half of the 80s really). Was still interesting to play, particularly the vector graphic stuff, which I've never tried before (Star Wars is actually great)

They've got Ghosts & Goblins, though, which is a favourite of mine.

I've never been to RMC, though

Last edited:
Soldato
I've been to Arcade Club in Leeds and Bury on a few occasions, and they're great, and also Play Expos are good too with a great selection of arcade cabs and pinball machines.

I have my own Mame cab and now a Star Wars Arcade 1Up cab, so I don't really feel the need to visit those sorts of places as often as I used to. The Star Wars' vector emulation is pretty impressive, as the vectors are really bright and it feels very close to the original machine, despite being an LCD.

Really the only reason I'd go is to play pinball, and on an original Battlezone cab, as that's my second favourite arcade game. I'd find it hard pressed to avoid buying an Arcade 1Up Battlezone cab if they did one.

Soldato
I've been to Arcade Club in Leeds and Bury on a few occasions, and they're great, and also Play Expos are good too with a great selection of arcade cabs and pinball machines.

I have my own Mame cab and now a Star Wars Arcade 1Up cab, so I don't really feel the need to visit those sorts of places as often as I used to. The Star Wars' vector emulation is pretty impressive, as the vectors are really bright and it feels very close to the original machine, despite being an LCD.

Really the only reason I'd go is to play pinball, and on an original Battlezone cab, as that's my second favourite arcade game. I'd find it hard pressed to avoid buying an Arcade 1Up Battlezone cab if they did one.
I really want to go to that Bury arcade. I occasionally go Pixel Bunker in MK, much smaller in comparision, but few good Lightgun cabs. Seriously impressed on what Bury has to offer though. One day maybe!

Soldato
Bury looks fantastic, but a bit of a trek for me.

Worth mentioning History of Video Games in Bristol's Broadmead shopping centre. A good few cabinets there. Originals mostly, as well as some mame ones.

Man of Honour
OP
So I visited RMC and Arcade Archive today, was great. The three hours in the cave flew by, there's a lot to take in initially so definitely need another session up there. The arcade was also good, not as much my thing but still worth a visit. Its quite a sensory overload as you go in but becomes normal after a while. All in all well worth visiting both on the same day (you get a slight discount for doing that) :)

Back
Top Bottom