Balancing 1 day exercise with diet

img

img

Associate
I have been dieting on the low end for calories which is working for me except 1 day a week i go xc biking usually around 25 miles over 3ish hours with a group. I tried on diet and just had no energy, i have eaten a big meal and its fine but then i am still hungry the next day. Any tips other than giving up riding like this while dieting? Shall i just try and eat the calories i would expend?

Permabanned
Might not help with your chosen diet but on keto I walk 5-10 miles every morning wether it be stupid oclock when I wake up or normal times, then only eat one meal a day at 12 with a 24 hour intermittent fast till the next omad meal day and ride bmx/jumps each evening - and no I'm not young haha, but with Keto you're like a camel storing the energy and never get the crashes like with carb diets, well from my experience.

If not I guess you could try more protein/shake/bar before doing your ride/or just eating a big healthy meal earlier? Not sure, I tend to crash every 2 hours after carbs and never feel full ever, people I know very active/fit/healthy on carb diets are constantly eating "little but frequent" as they call it every 2 hours, but that's a bit mad for me.

Caporegime
I have been dieting on the low end for calories which is working for me except 1 day a week i go xc biking usually around 25 miles over 3ish hours with a group. I tried on diet and just had no energy, i have eaten a big meal and its fine but then i am still hungry the next day. Any tips other than giving up riding like this while dieting? Shall i just try and eat the calories i would expend?

Is excersising more an option? It's probably not the lack of calories that's causing the issue (well it is, to a degree) but if you exercise more you'll find it'll be easier regardless of the calories.

I train every day fasted and while it was hard at first, I have as much energy now then any other time of the day.

Improving overall fitness would probably help, if a possibility.

Associate
Depends on what you're eating but you can alter your diet to minimise the hunger cravings. Foods high in soluble fibre will help keep you feeling "full" for longer.
  • oats
  • legumes (split peas, dried beans such as red kidney beans, baked beans and lentils)
  • fruit
  • vegetables
  • seeds and nuts
  • breads, cereals and pasta

Back
Top Bottom