*** Big Fat Weight Loss Thread ***

Soldato
Weighed in at 13st 3lbs last Friday, lowest I've been since 2013. Another independent blood test came back with very positive results, and cholesterol all healthy. I feel I now know that my maintenance weight has to be between 13st 3 and 13st 7 for my various health measurements to look good.

Friday night had a mate over for dinner which meant drinking probably half a bottle of wine, plus dessert. Enjoyed the evening, no problems there!

Saturday started well right up till I went to my brother-in-law's 40th birthday where he had BBQ and a buffet. I had 3 beers, a burger, 2 sausages, SO MANY NEW POTATOES, some birthday cake, and so on. Went proper nuts. Again, enjoyed it.

Sunday started well right up till lunch time when I nommed some lemon cheesecake and a few pringles with my salad, and dinner time when I fired up the BBQ, had a lovely burger with mayo & ketchup, and had a bottle of beer. Then went to the pub for a football meeting where I had 2 more beers (laser juice. LUSH!). Then came home and ate more cheesecake, a Lindt bunny and more pringles. 100% fuelled by the (thoroughly enjoyable) beer.

Back on it today, and going well again. Got to the gym, eaten properly, lots of water on board. I always find the come-down after those weekends difficult, because although I feel like I've scratched that itch of really enjoying foods that I spend time avoiding for the rest of the week, my body then craves a higher volume of food, and I feel hungrier for a day or two again until I bring it back to reality.

Soldato
Im not a non drinker, but I barely drink any more, got a 3 year old and a 10 month baby... it really just isn't worth it when I might be up in the middle of the night at worst, early doors with a baby at best - I really like the 0% Heineken and 0% Guiness - it scratches the itch for me and leaves me in a positive frame of mind for the next day ("I have made this choice which allows me to relax a little but I'm going to be 100% tomorrow when I need to be")
I stayed sober for AGES because of getting up with the kids with a hangover. Luckily my kids are old enough to run downstairs and turn on the PS5 now, so I get away with it a bit more :p

Caporegime
Weighed in at 13st 3lbs last Friday, lowest I've been since 2013. Another independent blood test came back with very positive results, and cholesterol all healthy. I feel I now know that my maintenance weight has to be between 13st 3 and 13st 7 for my various health measurements to look good.
Same weight as me! (although you are probably taller)

Where did you get the blood test and how much?

Soldato
214 this morning to 212 after work :eek:
fingers crossed for under 214 in the morning ..pleaseeeeee

Bday on Friday, and agreed to few beers with ex work collegue on Saturday...will be 1st beer in 2 months i think...
Hols in 3 weeks so there is hope i will hit 205 - was hoping for 200 for it...

lets hope for the best

Soldato
Same weight as me! (although you are probably taller)

Where did you get the blood test and how much?

I'm 5'11", so my BMI is still 'high' (25.8) but the results of every metric I can find seems to indicate that BMI isn't what I should be going by, as a rule. Waist to height is healthy (0.48), fat levels / cholesterol looks good, 17% body fat (healthy is apparently 16 - 20%), all seems to lean towards it being my healthy weight.

I used Numan.com - £120. Topcashback did £10 cashback on it, so was £110 for their full blown one, called the 'fear nothing blood test plus'. I had 2 tests, one before which got me motivated to lose the weight, and one after to confirm that my levels had improved. They do this hilariously loaded 'if we don't find anything wrong with you, your money back!' guarantee which you should firmly ignore.

If you want to see what they test for / results or whatever, let me know and I can send you a copy of my results. Nothing hugely confidential, just don't fancy plastering it online :p :D

Back
Top Bottom