BMW and M Power Owners

Soldato
After some advice please

If I purchase an approved used F90 M5 what would the estimated renewal warranty price be after a year with about 50,000 miles on the clock.

Is there ever any room for negotiation with the main dealer i.e. if there's another car with an almost identical spec priced more keenly at different Sytner could you use that to get them to reduce price.

I've not bought a car for six years now so bit out the loop. I take it when buying used approved directly from Sytner there's no point doing a HPI check or is it still worth doing.

I won't be utilising their finance options, do I keep quiet about this in fear of them losing interest. However could be swayed if it meant additional discount with the plan to pay it off further down the line as certainly not paying the 14% APR.

Any other pointers or tips would we welcome.

Thanks

BMW wouldn’t budge at all when I was looking.

I’ve since had 3/5 garages call me back agreeing to the price I offered (1-2 weeks later), but I’ve now bought a car.

People have the perception the car market is still crazy, or try to push that perception. Reality is, it’s becoming a buyers market.

Make offers and wait until someone accepts.

Caporegime
BMW wouldn’t budge at all when I was looking.

I’ve since had 3/5 garages call me back agreeing to the price I offered (1-2 weeks later), but I’ve now bought a car.

People have the perception the car market is still crazy, or try to push that perception. Reality is, it’s becoming a buyers market.

Make offers and wait until someone accepts.
For anything prestige, say £30k+ it absolutely is a buyers market. One look at the auto trader Chrome extension shows prestige cars staying on forecourt for months with prices tumbling every few weeks. Top level stuff, £80k+ just isn't moving with reductions of £10-£15k regularly seen over the past 6 months.

Soldato
or just get the proverbial touring in the blue & real leather -
horsescows for courses, that's prestige. years of getting in an older touring summertimes with shorts, I always think if only that felt like the sofa at home.

Mileage
Registered
Jul 2023
Engine
2,998 cc
Exterior
Portimao Blue
Fuel
Petrol
Transmission
Automatic
Registration
FV23RPZ
Upholstery
Black with Blue Stitching Vernasca Leath
Wtf £47k?

Man of Honour
I think I am still guided by pre-COVID prices tbh. My E43 with 6k miles was only £33k. I think it was late 2019 and the car was a 68 plate...

You could get a brand new M340i for £40k in 2019 :(

Your car was a great deal, it's probably not worth much less than that now!

Last edited:
Soldato
You could get a brand new M340i for £40k in 2019 :(

Your car was a great deal, it's probably not worth much less than that now!
Yeah it was a real brown trouser purchase though. The world was ending at the time and we were laying folk off!

Motorway offering £26k - which isn't bad for 4 years of depreciation! I say that though, I couldn't imagine "topping it up" by £20k for something newer :(

Man of Honour
Yeah I'm gutted I didn't get the new M340i back in the day lol. I was offered a new one for £50k 2.9% APR back in Nov 2020. With all the bells and whistles.
Still...I'm happy with my 440i.
2aqIjmA.jpeg

Associate
Any decent features missing on this? My sister probably won't give a monkeys but.... under 20k, under 60k miles, not white, black or grey or SE spec...has FSH
I think auto would have been better?

Been up for sale since March at £19,830

Last edited:
Man of Honour
Any decent features missing on this?

Everything, they are both standard cars without any key options fitted (Well, one has a different colour interior trim and the other has a Plus pack which adds some styling, black grilles but should have Adaptive M Sport suspension as well, which is either good or bad depending on your point of view on a higher mileage car. Not sure why the advert doesn't say it has it?).

However, it's not like under £20k is a fantastic budget for one of these so it isn't reasonable to expect a high specification car. The standard M Sport specification does include everything you need including a reversing camera.

However, you probably need to decide if you want a manual diesel or an automatic petrol?

Soldato
Any decent features missing on this? My sister probably won't give a monkeys but.... under 20k, under 60k miles, not white, black or grey or SE spec...has FSH
I think auto would have been better?

Been up for sale since March at £19,830

You’ll get better value going private, plus you’ll be able to barter a bit better.

I spoke to this guy, and he was nice to deal with: http://www.autotrader.co.uk/car-details/202404068360585

Offered to put new discs and pads on the car for the price, as he’s a mechanic/MOT tester.

Soldato
Just perusing auto trader thinking what might take my fancy in 12-18 months time. What is the difference between the M340i and the the M440i? Apart from the shape / design are they mechincally the same (e.g. same engine)? Thanks :)

Man of Honour
Just perusing auto trader thinking what might take my fancy in 12-18 months time. What is the difference between the M340i and the the M440i? Apart from the shape / design are they mechincally the same (e.g. same engine)? Thanks :)

The M340i is a saloon or estate, the M440i is a coupe, convertible or 5 door hatchback.

Soldato
Due to the lack of blue M340’s around I’ve been sidetracked by the current gen M240i. Can’t decide whether they are hideous or actually quite nice :D the interior seems to be very similar to the 3. Anyone have any experience of them?

Soldato
Due to the lack of blue M340’s around I’ve been sidetracked by the current gen M240i. Can’t decide whether they are hideous or actually quite nice :D the interior seems to be very similar to the 3. Anyone have any experience of them?
I quite like them. Was doing some messing round on car wow with them too. Good performance and cheaper than an outright M2.

Man of Honour

It's basically just a shorter 3 Series - same platform, same dashboard.

The problem for me is that it looks absolutely nothing like as good as a 3 series :D

Back
Top Bottom