BMW M5 - the Beast is back

Caporegime
Superb car Spie, Congrats mate...thats a really really nice car. If i wasnt making plans to up and leave this country i would definitely have got one myself. But who knows maybe perhaps in Canada i will buy one or might go get the new Audi RS4 which is a monster of a car.
But loving that car for sure, very very nice indeed.

Sam

Sam

Soldato
one parked next to us today which made the M3 look tiny :p

DSC000621.jpg

DSC000631.jpg

I also thought the alloys looked a little small but seeing them in RL has changed my mind, there PERFECT :D

Sam

Soldato
Exterior styling is...meh. Alloys are ugly as are the headlight "eyebrows". Interior is nice. But it's still a BMW so you get the usual attached stigma ;)

I'd prefer a V8 Mugen Legend.

Man of Honour
Sorry, you've lost me :confused:

I'm well aware of when the old shape A3 was launched, but the DSG gearbox was never available in that version of the A3 anyway?

The 3.2 V6 DSG TT was launched in July 2003, whereas the DSG gearbox didn't appear in the A3 until about December 03, again with the 3.2 V6. I stand to be corrected if I'm wrong but I'm not sure on the relevence of the previous model A3 in all of this?

Associate
[TW]Fox said:
Sorry, you've lost me :confused:

I'm well aware of when the old shape A3 was launched, but the DSG gearbox was never available in that version of the A3 anyway?

The 3.2 V6 DSG TT was launched in July 2003, whereas the DSG gearbox didn't appear in the A3 until about December 03, again with the 3.2 V6. I stand to be corrected if I'm wrong but I'm not sure on the relevence of the previous model A3 in all of this?
The DSG geabox first appeared as an option on both the TT 3.2 and Golf R32 (in Europe) from around mid (August I think) 2003.
Currently the DSG box is an option on the TT, A3 and MkV Golf (and derivatives).

Associate
[TW]Fox said:

Fox is indeed correct. The TT 3.2 V6 was the FIRST UK VAG car to have DSG fitted.

And a very nice car Spie :) I hope to see some videos of it soon :D

Back
Top Bottom