Camcorder advice

Associate
Hey everyone, I could really use some advice. I've been doing a ton of video recording in complete darkness lately, so I'm on the hunt for a camera with decent night vision capabilities. I've had my eye on the Sony FDR AX33, which I can snag for £360.00, but I'm open to other recommendations if someone knows of something better. It seems like it performs pretty well in low light, but I'm wondering if adding some sort of IR light could take it up a notch. Any suggestions on which IR light to go for? And once I've got it, how would I go about mounting it to the camera?

Also, I've got a hefty 24000mAH power bank lying around. Do you think I could use that to power the camera instead of relying on the standard battery? I can't imagine those batteries lasting very long, especially with the night vision feature running. If using a power bank is feasible, how would I set that up with the camera?

I'm a total newbie to all this - up until now, I've just been using my smartphone for recording. But I'm eager to dive deeper into the world of videography. Any help or pointers you can offer would be greatly appreciated. Thanks a bunch!

Back
Top Bottom