Disney+ IMAX enhanced

Soldato
Did you title this wrong? Should it say "Disney+ DTS:X? IMAX Enhanced has been out a couple of years, ever since Shang Chi came to streaming.

Soldato
OP
Not really, hence the body of the message states it will add the DTS:X part. It's still IMAX enhanced at the end of the day.

Soldato
I love the Imax Enhanced stuff on Disney. They said they would bring more but they haven't added any more movies to Imax Enhanced catalogue in ages. Hopefully this means that more is on the way and soon!!

Associate
How will this work from an audio perspective and using an AVR? Will it require eARC from TV's that are IMAX enhanced or work with a lossy version like Atmos? My Sony TV is IMAX Enhanced but my AVR doesn't support eARC.

ATV 4K users like me are probably going to miss out as ATV's do not currently support any DTS.

I'll test when the content is released.

Soldato
OP
How will this work from an audio perspective and using an AVR? Will it require eARC from TV's that are IMAX enhanced or work with a lossy version like Atmos? My Sony TV is IMAX Enhanced but my AVR doesn't support eARC.

ATV 4K users like me are probably going to miss out as ATV's do not currently support any DTS.

I'll test when the content is released.

DTS:X doesn't come in an uncompressed format like Dolby Atmos (Dolby Digital +) so it would require eARC or an audio device that bypasses the TV with a direct HDMI input but then of course you need the device to also support DTS.

Associate
DTS:X doesn't come in an uncompressed format like Dolby Atmos (Dolby Digital +) so it would require eARC or an audio device that bypasses the TV with a direct HDMI input but then of course you need the device to also support DTS.
"A new lossy codec will be utilized to deliver DTS:X over streaming, as opposed to the lossless DTS:X found on discs." - Link. I'm trying to find further info.

Edit: More info - seems to need an IMAX Enhanced TV for the source for now.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom