Ender 3 Neo - upgrade.. ~£300

Associate
Hi

so long story short my friends at work bought some 3d printers before christmas and i decided to buy one as well to give it a go.
I bough Ender 3 Neo for £119. I've been 3d printing now for 2 months and i like it a lot... but... it takes ages to print in comparison to the new stuff.

I am looking to buy something that can print a bit faster. I was looking at Elegoo Neptune 4 Pro or Anycubic Kobra 2 pro.
I know everybody is recommending Bamboo at the moment but i am not sure if its worth extra money.

Associate
I would support a Bambu purchase, but you'd be looking at either the A1 Mini (small build plate being the down side) or P1 (over £500). The regular A1 has a recall which means it wont be available now till May.

For me, I've been using my Bambu to print.... I've not had to do any major maintenance or tweaking to get things work, it just works... Unlike other printers....

Associate
Yeah, it's maybe a non-issue but Bambi have announced a full recall or repair scheme. The upshot to non-owners is that you won't be able to buy an A1 till May (maybe some refurbished ones at that stage though).

I'd buy and A1 if it was available now, the bang for buck is excellent.. But since it's not, you either need to shop elsewhere or spend more on a P1

Soldato
upgrade the ender 3?
direct drive hot end would do wonders for it.
unless you're going to spend a chunk more on a P1P for £550 ish then you may as well dump 50-100 on a fancy hotend and maybe some rails?
the ender can be a BEAST when upgraded, someone just did a sub 2 minute benchy on one.

Modbotarmy is upgrading his to a voron which is an amazing setup.

Associate
OP
i bought Sprite pro extruder SE for NEO and it really speed up the prints.
It turns out that it was the extruder that was limiting me the most.
No i need to go into the rabbit hole of speed. More cooling and accelerometers to reduce ringing artefacts. I can already print 2x faster so i am happy so far

Back
Top Bottom