Erazer Beast X40 fan replacement

Soldato
If its under 6 months old can it not be raised as a warranty repair / RMA?

Quick Google and it looks like a Tongfang chassis rebranded (Like XMG / Schenker etc) - https://www.notebookcheck.net/Medion-Erazer-Beast-X40-2024-Review-High-end-gaming-laptop-with-RTX-4090-and-mechanical-keyboard.808284.0.html#:~:text=As was the case with its predecessor, a,as the basis for the Beast X40's construction.

Quick Google didn't give me any immediate hits to replacement fans (just a load of competitor links for where the chassis design can be bought in the UK) but the fans themselves should have some serial numbers of them which can be looked up and likely purchased from Ebay or AliExpress (Chassis looks to be used in a lot of 17" options from various brands). All this assumes it can't be sorted under warranty of course.

Fan wise itself you might be able to pop some silicon lube on the bearings if they are accessible (again if not covered under warranty).

Last edited:
Man of Honour
OP
It is under warranty but I thought if it’s just a like for like swap it would be easier for me to do it. I’ve had a look inside and apart from a few heat pipes it looks straightforward. My concern is why is it already apparently failing? I’ve tried a few things with the fan control and it temporarily helps but as soon as it hits that sweet spot it starts to play up. Might be worth trying a fix first like you say. Thanks

Back
Top Bottom