F1 - 2023

Soldato
GM entering F1? When?
'A joint statement said that GM would be represented by its luxury Cadillac brand should their bid be successful.'
At least they are not using the Corvette brand, that would make no sense at all, right?

Soldato
With VW entering via Audi this could spice things up. They’re also wanting at least one US driver.

It therefore should go ahead, F1 starting to make a splash over there and a US driver will could be huge.

2 races over there as well.

Soldato
The car brands being interested again isn't a bad thing, just be interesting to see how many actually end up as car/engine manufacturers as well rather than 'just sponsors'.

Wonder what GM are planning with the Cadillac brand mind, its the brand they have gone with for LMDh as well. Guess they don't feel the Chevrolet brand fits in this "next tier up" over GT. Boutique electric hypercar inbound I guess.

Either way if the brand revival in WEC can spill over to F1, potentially good times ahead.

Last edited:
Soldato
My wife showed me a Weibo repost just now of something which stated that China had asked to be reinstated for 2023. No link to back it up though.
Anyone see anything about this?
For me, I'd be pretty hyped as I'd maybe try and go see it. I also really like driving the China track in the games. Need it to be in the latest. :D

Man of Honour
To be honest Audi aside it feels like most of the "new" manufacturer interest in F1 is little more than paying to get the brand on the engine:

• Porsche - only really wanted to stick their name on the Red Bull Powertrains Company
  • Cadillac - Rumours suggest they've signed a deal with Honda which would see the Andretti team run Honda engines badged as Cadillac
  • Ford - Rumoured to be close to signing a deal with Red Bull (similar to what Porsche wanted but without the stake in the team
  • Honda - Again have been rumoured to be looking to continue with Red Bull, could also come back full time if Red Bull look elsewhere though
  • Hyundai - some motorsport heritage via the World Rally Championship and Touring Car but its a long way from having a F1 engine
I'd be far more excited to see proper interest from the likes of BMW (Who have been linked to McLaren in the last couple of years)

Man of Honour
My wife showed me a Weibo repost just now of something which stated that China had asked to be reinstated for 2023. No link to back it up though.
Anyone see anything about this?
For me, I'd be pretty hyped as I'd maybe try and go see it. I also really like driving the China track in the games. Need it to be in the latest. :D

Yeah this was reported in a few places, the slot hasn't been filled (I thought the FIA/Liberty had confirmed they wouldn't).
The release of restrictions in China in recent weeks makes it more likely I guess although other countries are starting to put up a lot of entry rules on Chinese tourists/travellers coming into countries, I assume F1 would be subject to the same.

Back
Top Bottom