** Fallout 4 Next Gen 2024 - MODS & TWEAKS **

Soldato
Similar to the rug glitch that still works there is also a post glitch, didn't know about that either......

This mod

Modifies wild corn, mutfruit, razorgrain, and tarberry plants found throughout the Commonwealth to return non-wild variants when harvested."

....they are then able to be planted as crops as well.

Last edited:
Soldato
For those interested in storing items within settlements, where they can get taken by settlers and raiders etc, this mod could help...

Caporegime
OP
I was getting major slow downs coming up to one of the cities, turns out I had Landscape Overhaul and Vivid Landscape both installed.... So stuck with the All in One - Best choice :)

Soldato
I was getting major slow downs coming up to one of the cities, turns out I had Landscape Overhaul and Vivid Landscape both installed.... So stuck with the All in One - Best choice :)

I think that you use Vortex as your mod organiser. Can you post a screen of your mods you are using..?

Thanks

Also have you seen a hosting site that allows you to post two screenshots and link them, with a slider to compare one to another..?

Thanks Neil

Caporegime
OP
I think that you use Vortex as your mod organiser. Can you post a screen of your mods you are using..?

image.jpg

2.jpg

ENB is the main performance hog ;). Although Skyrim SE Modded looks way better than this game hmmm

Last edited:
Soldato
@Neil79 so far this is mine.....

Merged-document.png

full expanded view here....

Mod list

Any ideas for his....

Also have you seen a hosting site that allows you to post two screenshots and link them, with a slider to compare one to another..?

Thanks Neil

Last edited:
Soldato
Update notes for the 38mb or so patch....

Fallout 4 – Next Gen Update 2 Notes
Fallout 4 has received a new update that adds the ability to manage your control over the game’s graphic fidelity or performance. There have also been additional fixes and improvements to address some of the feedback you provided us with on the previous update.

Update Versions
PC 1.10.984

Patch Highlights

Xbox Series S|X and PlayStation 5 Display Settings
Thanks to your feedback, we’ve been able to implement the ability to control your graphic fidelity and performance. We highly recommend you run with the default settings but now you can change your options to better fit your playstyle and display.

Frame Rate Target
Frame Rate Target allows you to choose between 30, 40, and 60 (default). It is important to note that to select 40, your display must be able to support 120hz.

Visual and Performance Prioritization
You can now choose between Visuals and Performance (default) while trying to maintain frame rate target. If you choose Frame Rate Target of 60, we recommend selecting Performance. Both modes may adjust internal resolution dynamically when scenes or action get heavier.

Please note both modes can only be changed from the main menu.

Bug Fixes
General stability improvements
Fixed visual issue with certain imagespaces
Auto HDR is re-enabled (Xbox Series S|X)
Fixed issue where reserved space was not displayed correctly in load order menu (Xbox Series S|X)
Fixed issue with character name field when in widescreen mode. (PC)
Fixed an issue that occasionally caused bundles to not fully download and could cause a crash
Fixed an issue with material swaps
Fixed an issue with load order that would break DLC until a restart after downloading mods (PlayStation 5)
Fixed an issue that would occasionally cause a crash if you returned to the Main Menu with queued mods still downloading (PlayStation 5)
Fixed an issue that could cause the Creation Club menu to not appear (Microsoft Store)
Fixed a crash that could occur when connecting to the network after a suspend/resume with the network disabled (Xbox One)

Creations Fixes
Fixed missing art issue with certain Creations

.....hopefully, if important to you, those who use F4SE and other mods that require it, will have prevented Steam from updating. It does seem that F4SE is no longer working.

Seems like they really put themselves out with the PC fixes and changes......

Last edited:
Associate
Mine updated today and broke everything until I found the post below on Nexus. It fixed mine for now.

Posted on Steam in case you forgot to turn off auto-update (as I did):

For anyone who also didnt have updates disabled for the patch today
type "steam://nav/console" in your web browser and let it redirect to the steam console, after steams console is open paste in "download_depot 377160 377162 3747866029627240371", once it finishes open the file path it shows in the console and you should find fallout4.exe inside, drop it into your fallout 4 root and replace the exe

just figured id save someone else a headache (PS turn off auto update)

This worked perfectly for me.

***EDIT FOR SPECIFIC INSTRUCTIONS IN RESPONSE TO QUESTIONS BELOW***

Like I said I basically just cut and pasted these instructions but here's what I did step by step:

1. Type "steam://nav/console" (without quotes) in your web browser. This will open the steam console.
2. Copy "download_depot 377160 377162 3747866029627240371" (without quotes) and then paste it in the console in the command bar at the bottom. Run it.
3. If you did it right, you'll get a response in the console showing that the file is downloaded and where it is. For me it was - Depot download complete : "C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\content\app_377160\depot_377162"
4. Now you can manually navigate to the file or just copy the address in (3) above and paste it into your Windows search bar at the bottom (again, if you copy and paste, no quotes). You should end up in a folder with Fallout4.exe in there.
5. Copy Fallout4.exe. Now you need to navigate to your Fallout 4 game in Steam. On my computer it's "C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Fallout 4.
6. When you go into that folder you'll see a Fallout4.exe in there. That's what you need to replace. Paste the one you saved in step 4 and let it copy it over.
7. If you did it correctly, you should now be able to run Fallout 4 normally from Vortex using F4SE.
8. IMPORTANT. Turn off auto-updates for Fallout 4 in Steam. You do this by right clicking on Fallout 4 in your steam library, select "Properties," select "Updates." Then in the drop down choose "only update this game when I launch it." Because F4SE does not launch through Steam it will not trigger the update when you run it in the future through Vortex. Obviously you'll need to switch this back to automatically update once everything settles down.

I take no responsibility if this breaks anything or doesn't work and I have no idea how to troubleshoot this for you. But it worked perfectly for me and seems to have worked for a lot of other folks based on the comments.

Caporegime
OP
Mine updated today and broke everything until I found the post below on Nexus. It fixed mine for now.

Across social media, Reddit, and Steam forums, players have complained that bugs and problems introduced with the new update still remain.

This includes a bug that makes VATS less reliable, a sound de-sync issue on PC that is annoying players, some quests still being broken for some players, a lack of a true ultra widescreen option on PC, and more. Other players have complained about poor performance in some areas that were running fine before, new crashes when trying to do certain actions, and a lack of an FOV slider on consoles.

Back
Top Bottom