Framework 16 or... What?

Associate
I'm looking at buying a laptop - no surprise. Considering waiting for the 16 inch framework (upgradable!) Or just saying sod it, and getting something cheaper.

What I need is probably not that special. Light to medium duty gaming, 1080p, 16gb. Shouldn't the that hard, but I looked at the G line (worked for the wife last time) and it was either 8gb or hugely expensive. Which sucked.

I love the idea of the framework... but I'd find it useful to have it by Friday.... Not the end of the year. Budget is flexible, prefer less than 1k?

Associate
I am in the same postion, looking at the 13, and love the whole concept of it tbh!

I'd say wait for it, as I understand it is end of summer, sometime :)

Last edited:
Soldato
Damn, fluttering on pre-ordering. I am going back to uni in September and need a laptop to be honest. If there is a chance of even one future GPU expansion, then it may be worth a punt. The 7700s should be good enough for Starfield.

Soldato
looking for some reviews on the Framework 16
i love the idea of it and what the company is doing, i'm interested in how the swappable graphics is going to work out, and what perfromance +/- will be on it.

Soldato
Pre-ordered, batch allocations were plummeting and I got scared :cry:. You only pay a £100 deposit at present and the rest later, there is plenty of time to cancel if you change your mind.

Associate
Crazy how quick the pre-order batches have gone! Have ordered a fully loaded 16 also, won't get both for sure but will see closer to the end of Q3 whether the 16 feels worth it over the 13 - I suspect impatience will get the better of me by then and as long as the 13 doesn't slip will go for that!

Associate
My 13 AMD has arrived! Know the thread is for the 16, need to decide now whether the 16 is really needed...

Good news is that my Dell thunderbolt (WD19TBS) dock seems to mostly work (no sound through HDMI) with both my monitors running at 60Hz (2560x2880 &3840x2160) which I was apprehensive about.

Soldato
just read the verge review. Yes its sort of what i was expecting.
but i agree with the sentament i want it to work!
thanks for heads up hadnt realised the reviews were released. be good to hear more about the vapor chamber cooling testing as those dont appear to be inluded in testing.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom