Gaming build with monitor: 3k budget

Associate
Hi

I have owned a prebuilt system from overclockers since ....well, forever really. However, the time has come to consign it to lighter duties, and this time I'd like to try my hand at building my own system.

I'm planning to undertake this task in the dark winter month of January when there is not much else to do, except decorating the house. This post might be a little early then, but I wanted to start researching and getting people's opinions beforehand and now seems a good time.

So with that in mind, what do you think the best build would be for £3k? And that budget is to include a new 27' or 28' monitor. No other peripherals are needed.

The requirements I have are

1: It must be quiet - I will be using it in the same room as my wife watches tv, so if it disturbs her then she'll disturb me.
2: I'd like it to be built with the future in mind. It must be upgradable, although I'd rather not upgrade any parts within the first 2 - 3 years of life.
3: It's a gaming system only - I'm aiming to play Baldur's Gate, Starfield, IL2, and Cyberpunk on top settings. And would like to play new titles on top settings for a while at least.

My research so far has pointed me towards the Sapphire RX 7900 XTX Nitro+ because everything I have read suggests it is quiet. And monitor wise, the Gigabyte M28U seems a good fit for my budget, but I am open to ideas.

Many thanks for your help.

Last edited:
Man of Honour
My research so far has pointed me towards the Sapphire RX 7900 XTX Nitro+ because everything I have read suggests it is quiet. And monitor wise, the Gigabyte M28U seems a good fit for my budget, but I am open to ideas.
So with that in mind, what do you think the best build would be for £3k? And that budget is to include a new 27' or 28' monitor.

My basket at OcUK:

Total: £2,947.81 (includes delivery: £0.00)​

This post might be a little early then, but I wanted to start researching and getting people's opinions beforehand and now seems a good time.
The upcoming things that I'm aware of:
- SUPER versions of current nvidia (4000) cards.
- Non-K 14th gen CPUs.

Associate
OP
No, I'm ok on that front thanks. I have a set of Sennheiser headphones and a VKB Gladiator joystick :)

I'd like a VR set in future, but one step at a time.

Back
Top Bottom