Good Cheap Server - HP Proliant Microserver 4 BAY - OWNERS THREAD

Soldato
Thinking of repurposing my N54L into a HTPC to go behind the Tv,What is the gfx card to go for?
I think it says max of 25W in specs,tried a few 1080P files on the monitor and it was dog slow to play anything
TBH unless you replace the PSU/Fan you will find an N54L far too noisy to be running in a lounge. Better off hosting all your media on the N54L out the way somewhere using something like Emby or Plex, and then just have a firestick or similar device on the TV to play the media via a client app.

Soldato
Thinking of repurposing my N54L into a HTPC to go behind the Tv,What is the gfx card to go for?
I think it says max of 25W in specs,tried a few 1080P files on the monitor and it was dog slow to play anything

My N54L, well mainly, serves as a media server from the loft, nice and quiet. That serves to the home network and from there two TV's have Rasp Pi 4's running LibreElec working fine.

Last edited:
Soldato
Thanks for all comments :)
My hearing isnt 100% so sound of the fans is not an issue.With that in mind can anyone suggest a gfx card that will be compatible?

Hopefully you will get some help with your gfx card, I have not used one with a low profile that would fit. I'm not try ing to labour the point, perhaps I am in a way, but a Rasp Pi fitted would do all the stuff a typical HTPC would do with a low power and footprint etc when connected to the home network. I know you want the N54L to do that directly, so good luck with that :)

Last edited:
Associate

Not worth it.

Even a firestick is better option it's smaller, quiet, wireless, more powerful, less power usage.

Back
Top Bottom