Helldivers 2

Soldato
Was 2-manning with a mate tonight and he got a "player has left" message and I got a "player has returned to civilian life" message but we were both in our own copies of the map.

Very weird!
used to get that. all the bugs would disappear from mine. haven't had it in ages though.

played for a couple of hrs yesterday, no issues except getting stuck in the odd bit of scenery

Last edited:
Man of Honour
Hmm, first time I've had the bug where you can't be reinforced today. Quitting and rejoining resolved it, but still irritating as it happened across 2 separate missions in a series.

I find it really weird home some of these bugs are very intermittent but the same code works flawlessly at other times under the same circumstances - at a programming level some of it doesn't make sense unless there are unnecessarily 2 (or more) implementations of the same bit of code, with slight variations, being used for the same thing, with one/some of them buggier than the other.

Though that wouldn't be impossible - the game Kingpin for example is a complete mess code wise, albeit mostly bug free, due to a big change of direction and lots of features cut at the last minute to rush it out the door and basically having to hard fix a lot of things including level design in code at run time (actually kind of interesting - can't remember if it is generally available but they had a whole GTA3 like thing mocked up for the game which got cut including vehicles code).

Last edited:
Caporegime
Though that wouldn't be impossible - the game Kingpin for example is a complete mess code wise,

I'll sell you a crowbar for a dollar?

Has Helldivers 2 got longevity?
I've played 60h... That's a fair amount and I'm on my final upgrade... Probably another 1 or 2 Evenings play... I'm lvl 57?
We run lvl 8 or 9 now... Anything else is too calming :p

How are some nutters finding it fun to go to lvl 150... There's literally no carrots to chase. The armour is pointless past the first round of chests. The weapons are very subjective, bit there's clearly best choices.

I'm sick of bugs. Being spewed on, ragdolled into spew, being so swarmed all I can see is legs, claws and dark/fog.

I'm getting sick of bots, especially missiles, and ragdolled and repeating 4x in a row... Lol it gets too much. Sick of raising flags for superearth.

I'm jesting a bit I'm just saying they need to drop some meaningful content soon or people will lose interest.. not just a shotgun with 20 extra damage or another useless assault rifle.

Man of Honour
I'll sell you a crowbar for a dollar?

Has Helldivers 2 got longevity?
I've played 60h... That's a fair amount and I'm on my final upgrade... Probably another 1 or 2 Evenings play... I'm lvl 57?
We run lvl 8 or 9 now... Anything else is too calming :p

How are some nutters finding it fun to go to lvl 150... There's literally no carrots to chase. The armour is pointless past the first round of chests. The weapons are very subjective, bit there's clearly best choices.

I'm sick of bugs. Being spewed on, ragdolled into spew, being so swarmed all I can see is legs, claws and dark/fog.

I'm getting sick of bots, especially missiles, and ragdolled and repeating 4x in a row... Lol it gets too much. Sick of raising flags for superearth.

I'm jesting a bit I'm just saying they need to drop some meaningful content soon or people will lose interest.. not just a shotgun with 20 extra damage or another useless assault rifle.

I kind of burned out at 130 hours, somewhat due to the drama over PSN and some other stuff and weird approach to balancing rather than anything else though, more work on and/or more interesting war bonds and armour, etc. would go a long way to maintaining longevity.

I love the kind of gameplay so likely will keep dipping in and out - but the drama and some of the changes, etc. works against that strength of the game of being relatively uncomplicated, but addictive, fun at heart that you can just jump in and out of.

Associate
I havent played in 2 months, got sidetracked with many other games but still a fantastic game that will stay installed for me.

Man of Honour
Just came across the saltiest PS5 player who just moaned the whole time that he thought he loaded into a different mission. I mean who cares? He then called in the extraction and boarded it before everyone could get back. I kicked him, I hope he got nothing. On reflection I should have closed the whole game to ensure he didn’t. First knob I’ve come across in the game.

Back
Top Bottom