Help with tightening timings

Associate
I have my 4*16 Gb B-die running at DDR 3800 with my FCLK at 1900 on my 5950 in an MSI B550 Tomahawk Motherboard, and am now trying to tighten the timings but any change I make seems to cause failures within ~10mins in Kahru. I have had to increase ProcODT to 48 to get stable with 1900 FCLK at all settings auto apart from the below which I have manually set:
Spread Spectrum : Disabled
Power Down Mode : Disabled
RTT Nom: RZQ/7
RTT WR: RZQ/3
RTT Park: RZQ/1
(the three RTT values I have taken from Ryzen Calculator)

VDDP: 0.95 V
VDDG (CCD): 1.05 V
VDDG (IOD): 1.05 V
VDIMM: 1.4 V

I have managed to drop tRRDS from 10t to 8t but any other changes are now erroring. Any recommendations please?

Timings are here: https://ibb.co/nkJzrHy

Associate
It is the Team Group 3600 C16 kit, 4 x 16 Gb. How do I monitor my RAM temps please? I can't see it in HWInfo
Check in the hwinfo settings it hasn't been accidently hidden, some sticks don't have sensors on them but I would have thought those would. If you have no sensors then point a fan on them while testing and see if you're still crashing, some settings can be temperature sensitive.

Have you tried CL16 primaries at 3800? The XMP timings should work at 3800 with 1.4-1.45v. If for some reason that doesn't work you can leave tRCDRD at 19 so 16-16-19-16 and that should definitely work as it scales with voltage. For the secondary timings, adjust them in groups and test in between (30 mins - 1 hr), you can start with the tRRDS/tRRDL/tFAW, and then tWTRS tWTRL and so on. Leave tRFC for last as that's the most temperature sensitive setting and also one of the timings that can ruin your windows install. :p

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom