How do you collectors arrange your collection

Soldato
1st world problems I know !!

I use gameye to catalogue my collection so I don't end up buying doubles accidentally. However I have now run into the problem of how to I shelve them at home ? My Ps1/2/3/4 collection runs at over 200 titles now, plus another 30+ on gamecube and over 120 on switch. Storage space is fine I use a combination of the trusty Ikea Billy and some wall mounted floating glass bathroom type shelves as they take up a lot less space and you can space them out as you want to fit the cases for each console

I am currently just racking it all by console and then alphabetically. This was ok about a year ago untill I started adding a number of steelbooks and collectors editions. So I sepparated those off to another shelf which then left me thinking maybe I should re-think how I order them and maybe start doing the splits along the lines of console > genre > alphabetical. Which I tried initially by carving out the mario, final fantasy and zelda series, but soon went backl to strictly console and alphabetical as I wasn't sure I liked the end aesthetic.

The only problem I have now is that outside the big well known franchises or big titles e.g Ikaruga, radiant silvergun etc I find myself sometimes not remebering what genre each of the games is.

Like I said, 1st world problems, but owuld like to hear from any other collectors out there that have a different methodlogy for filing their titles................

Last edited:
Associate
I would only recommend an Excel Spreadsheet personally. Any of the decent Apps require a subscription payment and even then I would prefer my database with parameters I can set and search with.

Associate
Excel spreadsheet, <name> <edition> <platform> <condition> just in case I want to buy the same game in better condition

Back
Top Bottom