• Six to seven years

Votes: 8 1.8%
  • Seven to eight years

Votes: 4 0.9%
  • Older than eight years

Votes: 10 2.3%

• Total voters
Associate
iPhone 13 Pro Max 256GB - have owned it since launch (Q4 2021?)
Prior to that had iPhone 11 128GB (owned from launch)
Prior to that, had iPhone 7 64GB (owned from launch)

All of which are still in the family via hand me downs, the 7 has had 3 batteries in its lifetime :).
Have been SIM only for all of them, owning outright reduces my temptation to upgrade every two years!

Was tempted by iPhone 15 Pmax last Q4 but didn't feel like enough of an upgrade.
Will likely treat myself later this year.

Last edited:
Associate
iphone 11. my brother gave it to me after my S9 broke.
have used it for about a year and hate it.

it does have some really nice features and things, but it's such a chore to use.
i cant wait until i need a new phone.

Associate
Sony Xperia xz premium
Had since 2018. Works great but it is time for an upgrade. Although I'm struggling to find the right replacement. Definitely want an sd card slot. Would prefer side mounted finger print sensor.
Xperia V1 looks good but I don't like the screen size ratio.

Soldato
I'm still using my oneplus 1. Its second battery is starting to go now. Gets charged 2x every day. Always charge to 100% and leave it overnight, don't see why it's such a big issue with new phones.

Bought it in 2015. Don't see the point in upgrading still. I did buy an xiaomi mi5 in 2018 but never used it as my main phone because it wasn't as durable as the opo. The opo is also way faster at this point as it was never updated enough to be slowed down.

I've dropped it about 100+ times only on its 3rd screen.

I think its cost me £280 originally, £75 x2 for screens and £50 for a new battery. Always had it on a three unlimited sim that's been £17 a month since I bought the phone although last couple of years they've crept the price up to £19.45.

Might retire it after 10 years :)

Associate
Still using my iPhone 7+ from 2017, and it was itself an insurance replacement for one from 2015 that I broke when I crashed the bike. On its second battery now although I'm not sure if it's the apps or the battery but I'm starting to run out of battery quite frequently now. Not always managing to get through the whole day

Soldato
I'm still using my oneplus 1. Its second battery is starting to go now. Gets charged 2x every day. Always charge to 100% and leave it overnight, don't see why it's such a big issue with new phones.

Bought it in 2015. Don't see the point in upgrading still. I did buy an xiaomi mi5 in 2018 but never used it as my main phone because it wasn't as durable as the opo. The opo is also way faster at this point as it was never updated enough to be slowed down.

I've dropped it about 100+ times only on its 3rd screen.

I think its cost me £280 originally, £75 x2 for screens and £50 for a new battery. Always had it on a three unlimited sim that's been £17 a month since I bought the phone although last couple of years they've crept the price up to £19.45.

Might retire it after 10 years :)
That's some tank of a phone.

I hate the Xaiomi system. Bought a Mi phone for my wife and hated it.

Soldato
That's some tank of a phone.

I hate the Xaiomi system. Bought a Mi phone for my wife and hated it.

Yes the original screen lasted until 2021. The plastic that's textured they used on the back and the metal frame round the edge just offer amazing protection and decent grip as well. I've never had to use a case on it either.

The mi5 had a better camera, but other than that is wasn't as good. The os was also very limiting as well. With all the updates it got, it got slowed down a lot. Not surprised your wife didn't like it.

Back
Top Bottom