In wall speakers + avr recommendations.

Soldato
Hi all, can anyone recommend which in wall speakers and avr system to go with as a starting point please? It's been many years since I've had separates and have been living with soundbars for countless years now.

We are about to have some renovations done alongside an extension around June/July time, so I'm trying to look into things to get it all ready around the same time, as will be having a wall put up, so makes sense to build them into it at the same time.

Ideally looking to go 5.2.4 and use ceiling speakers but could potentially use my Kef KC62 subs hidden behind the sofas at the back to save money or sell these and also get in wall subs.

Before anyone asks, yes they must be in wall as this was the agreement with the wife otherwise it's sticking with the Sennheiser and subs and no compromise unfortunately!

Budget wise is about £5k, although I am happy to start out with just the fronts and add the rears and ceiling speakers at a later date if means it will benefit from better speakers. The cables will all be ran at the the same time so won't be too bad a job to add the remaining ones in at a later date.

Thanks a lot.

Soldato
Kef inwall?

Try and get ones with 6.5"drivers

Soldato
I have Monitor Audio W280-IDC left and right and W250-LCR centre. These are all in-wall.

There seems to be a debate whether to put them into enclosures built into the wall. I made enclosures for them with a large hole for air movement.

Surrounds are MA bronze and sub is a BK Electronics.

Receiver is an Arcam AVR20.

Soldato
OP
Due to a load bearing wall and not being able to recess the TV and right side of the front speakers, now going to have to go for on wall speakers instead.

Looking like the below and going for a demo tomorrow.

MK 5.2.4 Surround System

3 x MK M70 LCR on wall
1 x Pair MK M40T Tripole on wall surround speakers
2 x Pair MK IC95 in ceiling height speakers
1 x Integra DRX 5.4 8k AVR

Back
Top Bottom