IoM TT 2024

Associate
Don't be fooled, if you have not yet been- it's a trip.

After years and years of taunting by other family members who used to go annually back in the late 70's and early 80's I was beginning to think it was one of those things 'other people somehow do' but not me. I was genuinely beginning to feel I'd never make it.

Until last year, or until I'd booked the ferry last year and accommodation was all sorted some time prior (awesome Air BnB near Sulby). From then all the way to returning to Heysham I was in a state where I'd not really been sure I'd really done it or not. But I had, finally. Life had thrown me so many curve balls the chance never really came before, and finally my ducks fell into a row and as the Island appeared then grew in the morning light en route to practice week (my lady is a teacher so time off for whole two weeks is not possible). I was seriously just 'no way'-ing my way the whole time.

Even just the ride up was perfect and again, I knew the weather could misbehave with ease, but it didn't. Last stop (bar fuel) at Matlock about 7pm in the evening for fish n chips. To this day it felt like a dream. Ok sorry to those who have been a load of times but you never forget your first.

I know the stories of how it used to me. Mad Sunday, the people, the life, stuff that happens on the isle stays on the isle. But man... riding the mountain for the first time was an absolute mind blower. Same again this year, booked into a place at Laxey, similar dates. It's a bit quieter and the mountain is relatively clear.

Can't wait.

Back
Top Bottom