Macbooks coming to OCUK?

Soldato
Im guessing the fact memory is coming in stock and you are creating these sections here, the shop might be expecting some Macbooks in soon?

Soldato
don't think that if you sell macbooks you can under-price the apple website, so not sure if there would be any money in it for OCUK and personally I'd rather buy from the manufacturer if it was the same price as it cuts out any 3rd party worries if something goes wrong with it!

Would be nice if they sold them cheaper tho, never happen unfortunately!
Unless they're naughty and import them from USA on the great $/£ but even then I don't think its allowed!

Soldato
Pretty much everywhere is cheaper than the official Apple site. Just as most Dell products are cheaper elsewhere.

My local store has a few imac in at the moment. They are ~£100 cheaper than at Apple.

Soldato
dbmzk1 said:
Pretty much everywhere is cheaper than the official Apple site. Just as most Dell products are cheaper elsewhere.

My local store has a few imac in at the moment. They are ~£100 cheaper than at Apple.

Im sure that people weren't allowed to sell Apple hardware cheaper, might just be brand new models though to ensure they get all the custom!

Would be good if ocuk did sell mac hardware though, but if you look at all other competitors they don't sell mac hardware, wonder why!

Associate
Just out of interest, if I were to buy one from America, apart from the fact the plug will be wrong will it be exactly the same? I mean can you imagine I'll get any issues with it?

Thanks

Deleted member 329

D

Deleted member 329

it would be nice to see....

what would be better is if they stocked macs and a range of quality accessories

Soldato
Certain apple sellers give away promo freebies to make their deals better than the website but at the same price. I seen a major deparment store sell theirs with 3 years apple care, stores 'giving' addition software, memory upgrades... the list is endless.

Soldato
OP
I was just thinking it would be good to get evertying from the same place is all.

Wanted a macbook for a while, but if I can only buy the memory from here so be it :D

Associate
Apple resellers can sell Apple hardware at reduced prices - places around here sell MacBooks and iPods with about £20 off the Apple Store price.

They also chuck in freebies to make the deal even sweeter.

I've only ever bought my stuff of Apple though - I like my Apple stuff to come straight from them rather than a machine thats been in a reseller for a year.

Always check the specs closely if the prices are lower and always make sure you can confirm that the warranty is as valid as buying straight from Apple.

wij

wij

Associate
anewbe4u said:
Just out of interest, if I were to buy one from America, apart from the fact the plug will be wrong will it be exactly the same? I mean can you imagine I'll get any issues with it?

Keyboard layout is a bit different, but Mac keyboards are differnt anyway ;)

Main thing to consider is that if you had to phone Apple UK's support department they would not talk to you once you gave them the serial for the machine as the warrenty is only valid on the country of purchase, or at least that is my understanding of their system based on a couple of friends who have had problems with iPods/Mac Minis brought back from the US.

Deleted member 651465

D

Deleted member 651465

You wouldn't be able to import a US Mac without risking the huge import tax charges.

Your best bet is to visit the US and bring it back as hand luggage if you can't afford the UK prices :o

Associate
Soldato
wij said:
Main thing to consider is that if you had to phone Apple UK's support department they would not talk to you once you gave them the serial for the machine as the warrenty is only valid on the country of purchase, or at least that is my understanding of their system based on a couple of friends who have had problems with iPods/Mac Minis brought back from the US.

I wouldn't be so sure. I bought my MBP in the US and have no issues at all getting it supported in the UK, same goes for my earlier 3G iPod. The warranty is 12 months international although desktop kit may be different. I've had two replacement batteries and a logic board swap on the MBP without problems.

Keyboard - the \ key is moved down a row so the Enter key is a different shape. Other than that the only difference is Shift+3 gives £ rather than # (now Alt+3). All other keys remain the same.

Soldato
MagicBoy said:
I wouldn't be so sure. I bought my MBP in the US and have no issues at all getting it supported in the UK, same goes for my earlier 3G iPod. The warranty is 12 months international although desktop kit may be different. I've had two replacement batteries and a logic board swap on the MBP without problems.

I dont think theres anything in the system that can tell us (ASP) if its a US model or UK model, I never knowing come across one anyway. But would need a US serial number to confirm it.

Back
Top Bottom