Marvel Animation's X-Men '97

Soldato
This has got to be marvels best work iv seen in probably 20 years. This show is too good.
Hopefully apocalypse will be done good in this too.
Original xmen was kiddyfied but yea i was a kid back then. Now in my 40s this show just appeals to me in so many different ways. Id say its right up there with invincible.

Associate
And there we go.

1. As soon as I saw 3000BC, I just knew it would be En Sabah Nur, and there they were.
2. As soon as I saw 3000+AD, I didn't quite catch on, but there we were. Cyclops and Jean are going to play parents finally.
3. Apolcaypse still being front and centre in the intro meant they were going to be coming up. And lo and behold, picking up the burnt and damaged Queen of Hearts and speaking of "Death".

4. Speculating that they'll adapt the Horseman storyline from 2000, and that's how we get Gambit back and how Wolverine gets their Adamantium back by fighting Gambit for the role of Death so he can save Gambit from the role. Or at least by becoming the Death Horseman and Gambit another Horseman, but this ressurects them and restores their abilities at least. Apocalypse has the tech and power to do that.
5. Looks like no Onslaught for now at least, certainly they're doing the whole X-Men/Marvel vs series of bosses in order; Apocalypse, then Onslaught. We certainly had a lot of the original Marvel characters from the fighting games turning up this series and using the same animation/move sets from the games.

Can't wait for more. :D

Caporegime
Absolutely amazing ending and great teaser of what's to come. Overall the series is a 9/10 for me.

edit: So many cameos, I couldn't keep up!

rp2000

Last edited:
Soldato
And there we go.

1. As soon as I saw 3000BC, I just knew it would be En Sabah Nur, and there they were.
2. As soon as I saw 3000+AD, I didn't quite catch on, but there we were. Cyclops and Jean are going to play parents finally.
3. Apolcaypse still being front and centre in the intro meant they were going to be coming up. And lo and behold, picking up the burnt and damaged Queen of Hearts and speaking of "Death".

4. Speculating that they'll adapt the Horseman storyline from 2000, and that's how we get Gambit back and how Wolverine gets their Adamantium back by fighting Gambit for the role of Death so he can save Gambit from the role. Or at least by becoming the Death Horseman and Gambit another Horseman, but this ressurects them and restores their abilities at least. Apocalypse has the tech and power to do that.
5. Looks like no Onslaught for now at least, certainly they're doing the whole X-Men/Marvel vs series of bosses in order; Apocalypse, then Onslaught. We certainly had a lot of the original Marvel characters from the fighting games turning up this series and using the same animation/move sets from the games.

Can't wait for more. :D
Honestly thought we'd get onslaught to take on bastion. Was he coming towards jean?
Beast and some of the others figured out that's apocalypse right?
I thought cable was kind wasted and somewhat fodder.

Associate
Honestly thought we'd get onslaught to take on bastion. Was he coming towards jean?
Beast and some of the others figured out that's apocalypse right?
I thought cable was kind wasted and somewhat fodder.

Speculation on this spoiler:

Onslaught might not be suitable for immediate use anyway at this point. Because the way that Onslaught was dealt with, needed some extra characters which currently do not exist in the X-Men 97 cartoon; primarily Franklin Richards (Son of Mr Fantastic) and Nate Grey (Alternate Universe Cable). And given Nate Grey (X-Man - the primary source that taught Onslaught unwittingly how to form Psychic energy into reality) is heavily tied to Apocalypse, the writers likely went with the Apocalypse route first so they can be brought in later to bring in Onslaught and the other Marvel characters. Possibly by giving some Age of Apocalypse stuff too.

Especially since they can write about the idea of AU versions of characters and whether they are the same or not; Nathan Summers vs Nate Grey. Which is often written about in the comics when both are in the same story together.

Nightcrawler becoming wide eyed on seeing En Sabah Nur, and everyone who fought Apocalypse before on the episode with (the Celestial) "Ship" and "Ship" expounding on Apolcaypses past would suggest that they know they are face to face with Apocalypse pre-celestial tech.

As for Cable, I think it was intended for Cable to be fodder for now. Because Cable was at one point, going toe to toe with Silver Surfer (Herald of Galactus). So letting them be at full power will make the full team working together at the end kinda moot. And of course, if Nate Grey is brought in, then you can have the difference of power use between them as a story point to differentiate them. One is about using power efficiently to great effect; the other is about having so much power they can afford to go all out all the time to extraordinary effect (in essence, they can't of course due to "reasons").

Caporegime
I read somewhere season 2 was already quite far along as some was done at the same time as season 1.

A part of me is hoping for a season 2 could start sooner, maybe even end of '24...to capitalise on the success of season 1.

rp2000

Back
Top Bottom