Meta doing well it seems

Associate

"...The social media firm updated investors with a slew of good news: quarterly profits that tripled year-on-year to more than $14bn (£11bn), a surge in users, lower costs and higher ad sales. Even its much ridiculed, money-losing virtual reality unit hit a milestone, generating $1bn in revenue. Lest anyone doubt its confidence, the company declared a first-ever dividend..."

Soldato

"...The social media firm updated investors with a slew of good news: quarterly profits that tripled year-on-year to more than $14bn (£11bn), a surge in users, lower costs and higher ad sales. Even its much ridiculed, money-losing virtual reality unit hit a milestone, generating $1bn in revenue. Lest anyone doubt its confidence, the company declared a first-ever dividend..."

Shouldn't this be in the insomnia thread?

Associate
OP
Shouldn't this be in the insomnia thread?
Maybe! I have weird sleeping hours at the moment, I had been looking after my very elderly dog who had dementia and arthritis up until the 23rd Jan(he's sadly passed away now), due to his dementia his sleeping was all out of sync and if I didn't let him outside throughout the night he'd do his toilets inside, so I was sleeping just when I could. Hopefully I'll re-adjust soon.

Soldato
Maybe! I have weird sleeping hours at the moment, I had been looking after my very elderly dog who had dementia and arthritis up until the 23rd Jan(he's sadly passed away now), due to his dementia his sleeping was all out of sync and if I didn't let him outside throughout the night he'd do his toilets inside, so I was sleeping just when I could. Hopefully I'll re-adjust soon.

Sorry to hear that. Losing a dog is tough :(

Associate

Sorry to hear this. We lost ours a few years ago and we still visit his grave every year. Unconditional love can't be forgotten.

Associate
OP
Sorry to hear that. Losing a dog is tough :(
Sorry to hear this. We lost ours a few years ago and we still visit his grave every year. Unconditional love can't be forgotten.
Thanks chaps, yeh it is tough, he'd been by my side through thick and thin for 18 years. I knew the day would come when his health problems would be too much for him so was prepared for it but it's still hard, thanks again for your kind words.

Associate
OP
$1b revenue is great, all it cost is $20b
Meta made $14 billion year on year so can and have swallowed the losses the vr side of their business made. It's the 1st time they've reached $1 billion revenue from vr so that's promising imo. Meta must see a future for it.

Associate
$1b revenue is great, all it cost is $20b

VR isn't about profit for Zuckerberg and Meta, it's about getting headsets on heads.

Not even for software sales.

Zuckerberg wants every household in the world to have at least one VR/XR headset in it.

Meta will be the first company to release a high quality headset for under £100/$100, and by that time, big sports events, films and TV series will be the format of choice.

And whenever anyone mentions XR, the first company that everyone will think of is Meta.

There's going to be A LOT of money to be made from XR, and by the time that Zuckerberg is finished, that ~$3bn in total that he spent buying Oculus is going to look like the bargain of the century.

Back
Top Bottom