Motorsport Off Topic Thread

Soldato
What's the age of the law got to do with it? It's been illegal to murder people for even longer but you still see people getting convicted of it today. If the law hasn't been repealed then it's still the law.

On what legal foundation do you say it doesn't violate their anti-trust laws? Isn't that the whole point of this process to determine if it does, or doesn't, violate the laws.
You seem to ignore how the law works, there has yet to be proved anything has broken any, trumped up, law. So what proof have you got? I do not have to defend what has yet to be established. Unlike yourself who seems to be convinced, in your head, they have.
It could well be the case that a judge, placed by Trump to make decisions in his favour, do reach a verdict on this. The problem is the company you are refering to, I assume you mean Liberty Media, only has controlling interest in the FOM, the rest being owned by a number of shareholders in holding companies around the world. Plus the commercial rights are held by FWOC. Thus they do not come under the umbrella of being American.

If Andretti is comfortable getting into bed with a bunch of politicians who still 'think' they won the last election then supported insubordination because they didn't agree with the result, are puppy killers that also support the killing of children and take away one of the fundamental rights of all women plus dictating to schools their own nasty agenda than good luck to him.
It is Andretti who is trying desperate means to force a decision his way.

I think it is time we begged to differ and moved on, what will be will be...

Associate
You seem to ignore how the law works, there has yet to be proved anything has broken any, trumped up, law. So what proof have you got? I do not have to defend what has yet to be established. Unlike yourself who seems to be convinced, in your head, they have.
You also seem to think that unless something is proven to break a law then you shouldn't investigate.. this is what the House Judiciary and Congress are doing, investigating to see if FOM's position has broken any law
It could well be the case that a judge, placed by Trump to make decisions in his favour, do reach a verdict on this. The problem is the company you are refering to, I assume you mean Liberty Media, only has controlling interest in the FOM, the rest being owned by a number of shareholders in holding companies around the world. Plus the commercial rights are held by FWOC. Thus they do not come under the umbrella of being American.
so what you're saying is that if you're not a [X country] company then you don't have to abide by that countries rules and laws? (hint this is exactly what you're saying) This position is invalid.
If Andretti is comfortable getting into bed with a bunch of politicians who still 'think' they won the last election then supported insubordination because they didn't agree with the result, are puppy killers that also support the killing of children and take away one of the fundamental rights of all women plus dictating to schools their own nasty agenda than good luck to him.
It is Andretti who is trying desperate means to force a decision his way.

I think it is time we begged to differ and moved on, what will be will be...

You are fixated on this being a Republican thing, its not its both Republicans and Democrats.

Last edited:
Soldato

Good job trying to make stuff up that I never said. I’ve capitalised some important words in my posts to help your comprehension…

No, a country shouldn't be able to challenge a sporting decision just because they disagree with it. A country absolutely should be able to challenge a business decision IF it's POTENTIALLY an illegal decision.

The political interference, and I’m loathed to call it interference, is in to the POTENTIAL illegal business practices of the company running the sport, not the sport itself.

IF they've broken it then it's right that F1 may face legal recourse.

Your stance has been that the US government shouldn’t interfere in to the decision to not allow Andretti at all. My stance has been they should to determine IF Liberty/FOM broke the law.

Last edited:
Man of Honour
Ferrari recruiting from Mercedes

Jermome D'Ambrosio appointed as Deputy Team Principal and Loic Serra becomes Head of Chassis Performance Engineering; both start in October.

Surprised by Jerome; kinda got the feeling he was being groomed by Toto to replace him

Caporegime
Ferrari recruiting from Mercedes

Jermome D'Ambrosio appointed as Deputy Team Principal and Loic Serra becomes Head of Chassis Performance Engineering; both start in October.

Surprised by Jerome; kinda got the feeling he was being groomed by Toto to replace him
I can only assume Toto has said he has no intention of retiring any time soon.

Caporegime
So Albon has signed for Williams until the end of 2026. So that’s one less name in the hat for Sauber/Audi or Mercedes.
Mercedes want Antonelli but are unlikely to be able to get him until he at least finishes his F2 season where he's not setting the grid alight, although his team Prema are struggling to understand the new car.

This means any seat at Mercedes would likely be a 1 year, perhaps with a further year option so consequently no one wants to go there for such a short time with most seats and drivers tied up long term. Ocon is a possibility, Toto loves him and, I think Toto is still his manager although I'm not sure.

Alex sees what's going on behind the scenes as Vowles is driving significant change inside Williams and Dorilton are investing as well. I don't think Red Bull was an option for him either as Perez will likely be re-signed.

Sainz should really go to Audi but make sure it's a three year deal so he gets 2 years with Audi to see how they're looking. His offer there is a big one apparently, something red bull said they couldn't match.

Caporegime
Mercedes want Antonelli but are unlikely to be able to get him until he at least finishes his F2 season where he's not setting the grid alight, although his team Prema are struggling to understand the new car.

I think Antonelli is doing extremely well in F2. Only three race weekends to go on but, so far, he's the only driver on the grid who has performed better every weekend than the weekend before and he's thrashing his highly fancied teammate, one Oli Bearman. The latter of those, btw, is not down to Oli missing a weekend, Kimi's finished ahead of him in every sprint and race they've both finished and qualified ahead of him.

All this despite have leaped straight from Formula Regional to F2, skipping F3 entirely, and being the youngest driver on the grid.

Antonelli would be a good fit for Williams when Sargeant finally gets the boot.

I don't think he would. Williams would be doing nothing but training him up ready for Mercedes. If Williams want to build their way to the front, they should be looking for a driver who will stay with them for the medium term not act as Merc's training seat.

Last edited:
Soldato

This means any seat at Mercedes would likely be a 1 year, perhaps with a further year option so consequently no one wants to go there for such a short time with most seats and drivers tied up long term. Ocon is a possibility, Toto loves him and, I think Toto is still his manager although I'm not sure.

Alex sees what's going on behind the scenes as Vowles is driving significant change inside Williams and Dorilton are investing as well. I don't think Red Bull was an option for him either as Perez will likely be re-signed.

Sainz should really go to Audi but make sure it's a three year deal so he gets 2 years with Audi to see how they're looking. His offer there is a big one apparently, something red bull said they couldn't match.
The only thing I can think of with Carlos is that he doesn’t want to drive that **** box next year waiting for it to go full Audi in 2026. But surely it’s better than ending up nowhere?!…

Last edited:
Caporegime
The only thing I can think of with Carlos is that he doesn’t want to drive that **** box next year waiting for it to go full Audi in 2026. But surely it’s better than ending up nowhere?!…
Audi are already giving input I believe and have staff based on site. It may not be such a ****box after all.

Soldato
Personally I’d take the pain of a slower car next year for the 2026 Audi. The only other options are RB and Mercedes and neither have snapped him up and may have other targets in mind already. (Perez and Antonelli)

Caporegime
The odds of the 2026 Audi being great are pretty slim, imo. They're going to be midfield at best.
Potentially yes but they have a great deal of knowledge on electrical assistance from Le Mans and no doubt they can transfer in Porsche engineers too. Audi don't just participate, they want to win.

Caporegime
Wow that's a sweeping statement about the unknown.

Maybe, but look at the history of the sport: when has a new manufacturer entered and rocketed straight to the front? Brawn are the only example I can think of, and they could only do that on the back of having one of the largest budgets in F1 history building the car they eventually raced. Mercedes took over that team and it took them five years to reach the front.

As always, I love to be surprised, but I don't fancy their chances of delivering one.

I think @MissChief is correct in that Audi are not entering just to be midfield.
Lets see where they are after a couple of seasons...

In a couple of seasons, maybe, but where I think @MissChief statement is wrong is that few teams are entering just to be midfield. It doesn't distinguish Audi from Red Bull, Merc, Ferrari, McLaren, or Aston; nor give them an advantage over these teams. Really the only teams entering to be midfield are Haas and Alpha Tauri - and maybe Sauber this season.

Back
Top Bottom