Mountain Biking

Soldato
Unusual for them not to have the rear axle installed and the rear wheel in the frame... was it from Canyon direct?

The mech is not usually attached to the frame to avoid damage in transit. As it'll be a UDH (Universal Derailleur Hanger) based mech, you should just need to attach that to the frame and all will be well as the gears will already be set-up properly.

Have you looked over the Stoic help videos?
The box they sent it in is too short to fit the rear wheel being attached to the frame. I did suggest to customer service that they hadn't sent it in their Bike Guard that I had to pay £19 for, as it just looked like a standard box, but they assured me it was one (it's smaller than the box dimensions on their website, though: hence no possibility of a fitted rear)

The chain is wrapped around the chainstay, and I can't figure out how to get it on the front chain ring without disconnecting it, which I don't have the tool for.

Their videos, and the included instructions, all assume the rear wheel and mech is fitted already.

It was direct from Canyon

It's annoying, but should have it in and out of the bike shop this week, and I didn't have time to play with it this weekend anyway

Last edited:
Caporegime
That's a new one on me, never had that happen in 20-years of riding. And if you did feel the need for Loctite, you would use Purple 222 which allows for slight adjustment afterwards.
blue isn't permanent and doesn't dry instantly.
11nm for mechanical SRAM derailleurs
10-12nm according to their own YouTube guide
25nm for UDH

so in that case a halfords bike toque wrench with sockets would do the job for him https://www.halfords.com/cycling/bi...lfords-torque-wrench-with-sockets-701767.html
hit 24nm if its UDH then give it a slight tweak with a normal spanner and your at 25 :p

yes it's totally unheard of
One of my old bikes did it slowly over the course of like 6 month the limit screws would start to drift, research suggests it should happen to improperly torqued screws/nuts, with a limit screws there isn't really any torque on it

why take the chance

Last edited:
Soldato
Grabbed a Fox Proframe RS for £174. Seems a bargain not paying an extra £100+ for a nicer colour.
Should make for a much lighter and comfortable full face than my old Urgo Down-o-matic.

Back
Top Bottom