My weight loss accountability blog

Associate
I am wanting to create this for my own log/record of what I've done each week with regards to my calorie intake/expenditure, exercise and hopefully weight loss.

I'm 44, 5'11", and as of 5 minutes ago weigh 117.1kg, with a BMI of 36.1.

I am aiming to limit my calorie intake to 1,500 per day with daily walking (either outdoors or on a little exercise stepper machine I have) plus dust off my concept2 bikeerg and get back into Zwift for 30 to 60 minutes three days a week.

I intend to post back here with an update every Sunday evening!

Last edited:
Soldato
I'm 44, 5'11", and as of 5 minutes ago weigh 117.1kg, with a BMI of 36.1.

I am aiming to limit my calorie intake to 1,500 per day
I plugged your stats into a TDEE calculator and even with the quite a pessimistic estimate (40% body fat) it calculates your cutting calories at 1800.

If you haven’t already I would recommend taking a look at a TDEE calculator. Being to extreme with your calorie restriction can have negative side affects such as muscle wastage.

The one I used

Good luck on your journey mate.

Associate
Good luck! I definitely agree with Chuk_Chuk on having a slightly larger allowance, if only so that you've got a bit of headroom; I use TDEE which gives 1700 for a 2 pound weekly loss but I know that if I average around 2200 a day that's still a 1 pound loss.

On some gym days I seem to really need that extra and rather than try to estimate calories burned I'll use the higher threshold.

Soldato
Good luck! Don’t cut too aggressively, in fact the first step I would say is to log exactly what you’re eating and be brutally honest with yourself. Get the kitchen scales out to weigh everything.

Associate
OP
Right OK, one week on..... and things haven't quite gone to plan.

I have had a hell of a week with a number of different life events going on, not least of which I've had food poisoning over the last 2 days! Due to various reasons I have therefore done absolutely zero exercise what so ever, and haven't counted my calories at all.

I have however not eaten any junk food at all, tried to eat healthy and have reduced portion sizes.

With all that being said I have weighed in today at 113.9 kg and 35.2 BMI. So I have lost 3.2kg in week one (approx 7lb or half a stone).

Obviously this has been a one off freak event with the food poisoning, which caused me to literally empty the entire contents of my body! Things seem to have settled down now though and I WILL count my calories and get at least some exercise in this week!

Last edited:
Soldato
Best of luck mate -I was in a very similar position to you (I'm 5'10" and started again at 119KG) - I am currently down to 96.5KG over the last 16 months... progress isn't a straight line, there's been the odd month of stagnation etc but all trending in the right direction. I would say 1500 is too low and going to make you miserable before long... I have been around the 2100 mark as my daily with obvious exceptions for special events etc and that's felt largely maintainable.

Associate
OP
I've been slacking with the updates on my own thread, and hadn't weighed myself since last time! :cry:

I haven't managed to get much in the way of exercise done, but have been continuing to keep in a calorie deficit.

I've just weighed in this evening at 114.4kg, so I am 0.5kg heavier than the last weigh in, but still 2.7kg less than when I started.

I am kinda fine with that as i knew the initial loss was a bit of an anomaly due to the food poisoning. It works out at an average loss of about 1 pound per week, which is nice and steady. Hopefully next week's update will have me back down to 113kg or less!

Man of Honour
I've been slacking with the updates on my own thread, and hadn't weighed myself since last time! :cry:

I haven't managed to get much in the way of exercise done, but have been continuing to keep in a calorie deficit.

I've just weighed in this evening at 114.4kg, so I am 0.5kg heavier than the last weigh in, but still 2.7kg less than when I started.

I am kinda fine with that as i knew the initial loss was a bit of an anomaly due to the food poisoning. It works out at an average loss of about 1 pound per week, which is nice and steady. Hopefully next week's update will have me back down to 113kg or less!

Just keep going in the right direction: this is all about long term change, so just keep plugging away.

Associate
OP
Just a quick update for my own reference:

Over the last seven days I have consumed a total of 10,961 calories, which divided by seven is an average of 1,565 per day.

I have just weighed in at 113.3kg, so I've lost a further 1.1kg over the past week.

Back
Top Bottom