Nc500

Associate
Who’s done it?
I’m thinking about doing it in April … if it isn’t raining . Got a choice of bikes , street 765, vfr 800, rgv250, tzr 250. Im going to go with the Mrs so 2 up , she’s tiny and weighs nothing . In my head I want to take the rgv in the back of my van and do sections on the bike , carrying gallons of 2stroke isn’t practice and although the engine is fresh I dnt want to do super long rides on it . Maybe like 2 /3 hours at a times and spread it out over a few days .
Any thoughts

Caporegime
I guess my real question is , who’s done it on a small cc 2 stroke and even better 2 up :)

I've done neither but I can guarantee you that if I took my wife on a ride like that, on an uncomfortable, noisy, stinky two stroke it'd likely be the last time she ever got on the back of a bike with me.

I love a smoker as much as anyone but they're absolute nightmares for this exact scenario.

Personally I'd do it on the VFR and book some track days with the smokers :)

Man of Honour
You do realise it's in Scotland?
This is what puts me off the idea you never know if it's going to be blazing sunshine or scuba gear time :cry:
Although saying that the last time I was North of the border it was absolutely glorious for 4 days while it tipped it down down here

Soldato
I've done it and I wanna do it again.
I've done by my self and camping, camping is the best thing because you don't need a schedule, I found that booking acomodation there is not the easiest.

If you go by yourself take the street 765, but if you go with the wife take the vfr 800.
I've done end of August, got a light rain on the 1st day and heavy rain on the last day (7 days)

But if you are going in the van, ignore everything :D

Last edited:
Associate
Considering it this year, or Germany. Not sure which yet. As some may by now be aware I just have the one bike (and one featherweight gf).

The thing is, doing the NC500 is one thing, but proximity to the Hebrides is making it very hard to not consider including that route. But there's so much to like, beautiful lochs here and glens there, castles and attractive roads. It's a real strategy to contemplate fitting things in when you consider the weather can be so...

...that.

Back
Top Bottom