Ncore 100 Max

Soldato
Looks cool, however, what can a 38mm 120mm radiator actually cool?

Associate
If you use the 7800x3D, or the non-X AM5s, should be fine. The X would boost to 95C and how long they would stay there, I wouldn’t know, but most people would either use eco mode or manually undervolt. Intel would be a bit more complicated. Can be undervolted too, but anything over the 12600/13600 and I believe the compromise would affect performance to the point that wouldn’t make sense to buy a higher tier CPU. If gaming is priority, 7800x3D and any GPU would do.
About the case, seems very interesting. Loads of small cases around, but not many which would fit a beastly long 4000 series non-FE.

Last edited:
Soldato
Interesting concept but sort of lost interest when they mentioned the AIO. Was thinking there might be a non-Max version as per the NR200 but the AIO seems to be quite heavily integrated into the design, that it seems less likely.

Associate
I was on the fence about that too, but i watched a build in it with a 4080 and 7950 and it handles it fine. Think it will suit me as I really want a teeny footprint case that can cool my setup under gaming loads. Think if I were into heavy rendering etc I might think again, however seeing the testing with a good cpu/gpu combo is enough to put it on my list. Still wanna watch a few more reviews and builds before I commit though.

Soldato
I was on the fence about that too, but i watched a build in it with a 4080 and 7950 and it handles it fine. Think it will suit me as I really want a teeny footprint case that can cool my setup under gaming loads. Think if I were into heavy rendering etc I might think again, however seeing the testing with a good cpu/gpu combo is enough to put it on my list. Still wanna watch a few more reviews and builds before I commit though.

What other cases are you looking at? I'm tempted to do a 2000D build because of the massive air cooler you can get in there but it does seem to be somewhat more restrictive in terms of the GPU options, compared to this. I think The 100 Max would do the job fine with decently performing parts, I'm just not an AIO / watercooling fan in general.

Associate
The CPU will probably be 7900X3D but the GPU is going to be a 4080 super, if I manage to get 1 without paying silly money over the rrp. Currently have a 970 so pretty much anything would be a substantial upgrade.

I do like the idea of streaming games in my house so the idea was (not sure if it work) to have my new build connected to my 4k TV and connected by ethernet to my home network. This was I can play on the TV and use a (relatively) cheap laptop to stream games when the wife kicks me off the TV or when I'm away from home. Though I may get a steam deck instead and wait for NVidia 50xx instead.

Soldato
I do like the idea of streaming games in my house so the idea was (not sure if it work) to have my new build connected to my 4k TV and connected by ethernet to my home network. This was I can play on the TV and use a (relatively) cheap laptop to stream games when the wife kicks me off the TV or when I'm away from home. Though I may get a steam deck instead and wait for NVidia 50xx instead.

Any system I've ever tried using this method, always being hard-wired, has always had an element of lag to it and not really felt right when playing. It does depend on what games you're playing though.

Associate
It probably be baldur's gate, civilization type of games where response time wont be an issue.

Also with age my ability to live with higher latency has increased. Not to long ago I streamed spiderman from my PS5 to a phone while I was at a friends house and although there was latency it didn't bother me in the slightest. Had this happened when I was 30 years ago or younger and it would have been unplayable for me.

Back
Top Bottom