Need help with a POE setup.

Associate
Hi

I have just ordered an Ubiquiti Unifi Flex Mini 5 Port PoE switch and need to find an injector to use with it.

I've done a little research and apparently theres active and passive power for these devices and if i get the wrong one i can fry my switch or components correct?. I am new to PoE so its a bit overwhelming to me.the issue is when i look on the usual websites to buy one they don't mention this passive and active power that i've seen so i am struggling to find a PoE injector to suit the above switch.

I am trying to power a switch in the attic buy using PoE as i have no power up there.

would anyone be able to recommend me a compatible Ubiquiti injector for around £25,if they cost more thats fine.

thanks

Last edited:
Soldato
Hi

I have just ordered an Ubiquiti Unifi Felx Mini 5 Port PoE switch and need to find an injector to use with it.

I've done a little research and apparently theres active and passive power for these devices and if i get the wrong one i can fry my switch or components correct?. I am new to PoE so its a bit overwhelming to me.the issue is when i look on the usual websites to by one they don't mention this passive and active power that i've seen so i am struggling to find a PoE injector to suit the above switch.

I am trying to power a switch in the attic but using PoE as i have no power up there.

would anyone be able to recommend me a compatible Ubiquiti injector for around £25,if they cost more thats fine.

thanks

You want a u-Poe-af from ubiquiti only £8

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom