New monitor MSI 34" MEG 342C QD OLED sale/buy?

Associate
Hey guys, I'm looking to get a new Monitor. I'm currently using a Dell S2721DGF. I want to upgrade to an OLED, and have been considering trying a curved(not tried before). The MSI 34'' MEG 342C QD OLED is currently on sale on OC for £798. However there are a few others that are also on sale, such as the Samsung 34" Odyssey G8, the Alienware 34 Curved QD-OLED - AW3423DWF, and then there is also the Alienware 27 360Hz QD-OLED - AW2725DF, which is not on sale, but in a similar price point. I'm running a 3080ti, so figured 1440p would be a nice sweet spot between quality and FPS.

Which one do you think would be the best to go for? I am not the most clued up on monitors, especially OLED. Is there any others to consider? Is there a new one about to come out that would be worth waiting for?

Any help would be greatly appreciated, as I can't seem to make a decision!

Soldato
Also got a 3080ti
And been looking at oleds
AW3423DWF is £740
But if you know anyone who is a student
I got a student discount of £74
Bringing it to £666
just can't get myself to press pay now button lol
Really would prefer the newer generation oleds
for better text clarity but not found one yet that
Will take my discount code

Associate
Make sure your oled panel is at least a gen 2 panel if the panel is built by Samsung, and you're paying those sort of prices - AW3423DWF - is a 1st gen panel I believe, so get it for a fair price or 2nd hand with warranty (for a better deal)

Alienware 27 360Hz QD-OLED - AW2725DF - I believe this is a gen 3 panel,

just as an example.

Last edited:
Associate
I needed a new monitor for work, (I work from home) and my boss ordered me the MEG 342c. I absolutely love it. The only annoying thing is the oled care refresh popping up every 4hrs that then takes 15mins to run. You can ignore it and do it after, but it's minimised a game in the middle of me playing.

Associate
Yup I gather the monitor is good but the firmware is trash, hopefully they fix a lot of that irritating ****.
I was reading after I posted that last night, and you can set it to 16 hours which I will do. It will run the refresh when it goes on standby which. I try to take regular breaks for my eyes sake, and it only takes 15 mins to run, so not a big deal.

Back
Top Bottom