NFL 2021 Season

Soldato
Pretty much got my Bears london game confirmed.

Eyeing up a trip to Chicago over Christmas with a mate for the lions game.

Associate
Goffs deal will have ripple effects on upcoming qb extensions. He needs to buy that oline one hell of a dinner

Yep, overpaid but unfortunately that's the price of a QB now, even an average or above average one like Goff. However Detroit are very close to a SB and they have to do this move. Given the Rams coughed up for the extra 1st rd pick to offload Goff, he has clearly exceeded all expectations in Detroit. I think most thought he would be more of a stop-gap until they drafted a younger QB.

Pretty much got my Bears london game confirmed.

Eyeing up a trip to Chicago over Christmas with a mate for the lions game.

That's cool.

I'm not that hopeful of getting tickets given last time (Bears/Raiders and then trying to help my friend get GB tickets when they were over in '21). If you're not a season ticket holder and just want the one game with one of the more supported teams it feels like the odds are against you. My 2011 trip might still be the only London game I make but we'll see.

Did Soldier Field in 2006 (playing Detroit no less) and was a hell of an experience. Want to do that again. Will be in New York a week or so after the Bears in London but unfortunately no sporting visits planned.

Soldato
@Timber

Spurs game is sorted as luckily I get corporate seats.

What's the chances of getting the Detroit game with no links? I'm guessing minimal. We will head the anyway as can be creative.

Last edited:
Associate
@Timber

Spurs game is sorted as luckily I get corporate seats.

What's the chances of getting the Detroit game with no links? I'm guessing minimal. We will head the anyway as can be creative.

Very cool.

Tickets are up now on Ticketmaster for all the Bears games minus the UK ones. Looking at the Detroit game on the 22nd Dec, a lot of them seem to be resale but it's definitely doable right now. EDIT: I am assuming you can buy tickets for US events from the UK site/account. I've not done this.

When I did in '06 I bought from a reseller on eBay - was probably risky but it worked out well. 2 tickets for the United Club (could arrive up to 2 hours before the game and get access to the Bar/Food area and shop). Was c.$200 each from what I remember so not cheap but back then the exchange rate was magical.

Last edited:
Soldato
OP
It should be easy enough. I've been over and watched various games and never had a problem, including games like Washington vs Dallas on Thanksgiving.

Me and my brother used to go over for Thanksgiving week, watch a game at each weekend and stay in the total watching football and eating junk food all Thanksgiving day. We've not been over for a while, but keep checking the schedule each year. Funnily enough, we are kinda waiting for a reason to go to Chicago (Having done the east coast a few times, the west coast, Texas and Georgia)

I see the Vikings play in Chicago the weekend before TG and we could fly down to New Orleans to see them play the Rams the weekend after. It probably won't happen this year, but I guess there's the option.

Associate
Yep, overpaid but unfortunately that's the price of a QB now, even an average or above average one like Goff. However Detroit are very close to a SB and they have to do this move. Given the Rams coughed up for the extra 1st rd pick to offload Goff, he has clearly exceeded all expectations in Detroit. I think most thought he would be more of a stop-gap until they drafted a younger QB.
Wasn't a big market for goff at the time iirc, lions swallowed the cap hit for the draft picks but got a second win in the trade after goff delivered on the field too. Can't argue he provides top 10 lvl qb play from a clean pocket but he's never been great off the spot. Pats terrorised him with that perma 5 man front & pressure in the superbowl.

Dropped on nicely with the lions benefitting hugely from that elite o line. They can run the ball at will, balanced scheme all of which helped put goff in a no position to win. Just hope for his sake that new contract doesn't mean the front office need to pull money from the oline.

Associate
Wasn't a big market for goff at the time iirc, lions swallowed the cap hit for the draft picks but got a second win in the trade after goff delivered on the field too. Can't argue he provides top 10 lvl qb play from a clean pocket but he's never been great off the spot. Pats terrorised him with that perma 5 man front & pressure in the superbowl.

Dropped on nicely with the lions benefitting hugely from that elite o line. They can run the ball at will, balanced scheme all of which helped put goff in a no position to win. Just hope for his sake that new contract doesn't mean the front office need to pull money from the oline.
Yep.

It's the bit that's been largely forgotten with the Rams - Stafford trade, essentially that deal was done at a 1st rd + 3rd prior to discussing how to offload Goff's awful contract. That's why the Rams then had to give up the extra first; so 2 x 1st rd + 3rd rd picks. It means Goff came with 1st rd picks which meant Detroit had a fantastic out to find any replacement. As everyone says it really has been a win/win for all involved. Goff though has done brilliantly and Detroit are stacked for a run in the NFC. I think they are easily the best in the division and apart from the Niners probably the next best team in the NFC overall as we go into the season (or at least equal with the Eagles I suppose). Ultimately it will limit them in the medium term when it comes to signing some of their younger talent, so in that sense their window is firmly open.

Last edited:
Associate
Last game I watched was bears, Peppers played for them. What are the ticket prices like these days? The last game I went to I remember it all being quite reasonable, compared to US, although that was many moons. Iirc was about £110 for the club seats and food wasn't that bad.

Back
Top Bottom