*** Nintendo Switch ***

Soldato
I'm seriously thinking about getting an OLED Switch this afternoon. Is there any reason I shouldn't buy one now? From the rumours the Switch 2 won't be out until March 2025 so I'd have a decent length of time to enjoy the OLED Switch.
Buy it now, and enjoy it! It's an amazing piece of kit

Soldato
It’s not confirmed but it does appear there will be backwards compatibility for the Switch 2. That would help a lot for those with many games to make that step over.

XPE

XPE

Soldato
How many people used backwards compatibility on things like the Wii, Wii U and 3DS? I used it a bit on the PS5 but never really used it on my Nintendo consoles.

Soldato
Well I set up my Switch and got it all working but I think I'm going to have to get the Pro controller as I'm not that keen on the JoyCons and Grip unless there is a controller which is better than the Pro one?

Soldato
OK. These are the games I have. I'd love some recommendations for other games to get.
  • Super Smash Bros Ultimate
  • Pokemon Brilliant Diamond
  • Zelda: Breath of the Wild
  • Pokemon Sword
  • Pokemon Legends: Arceus
  • Animal Crossing: New Horizons

XPE

XPE

Soldato
-
OK. These are the games I have. I'd love some recommendations for other games to get.
  • Pokemon Sword

Kirby and the forgotten lands, shocked how much I liked it as I am not that biggest kirby fan but the jump to 3D seems to have done something to the game thats makes it all click for me.

And Zelda Links awakening if you like isometric Zelda games and never caught it the first time.

Well I set up my Switch and got it all working but I think I'm going to have to get the Pro controller as I'm not that keen on the JoyCons and Grip unless there is a controller which is better than the Pro one?

I didn't think the pro controller would make much difference but I would use it over the joy cons now.

XPE

XPE

Soldato
When asked for a recommendation how could I forget about Pikmin 4 as well. :eek:

Also Xenoblade Chronicles Definitive Edition if you want a 80 hour epic as well.

Associate
  • Pokemon Sword
Tears of the Kingdom ( when you've finished BotW )
Xenoblade Chronicles trilogy
Fire Emblem : Three Houses
Super Mario Bros: Wonder
Super Mario Odyssey

And if you plan to do any co-op play ( online or local ) then grab Mario Kart Deluxe 8.

Soldato
Tears of the Kingdom ( when you've finished BotW )
Xenoblade Chronicles trilogy
Fire Emblem : Three Houses
Super Mario Bros: Wonder
Super Mario Odyssey

And if you plan to do any co-op play ( online or local ) then grab Mario Kart Deluxe 8.
Awesome. Thank you. Should keep me busy for a while :D.

Back
Top Bottom