Nvme for storage

Associate
Hi looking for a 1Tb drive just for storage, it will be used as a cache drive in unraid and then have any files moved off it every so often, any recommendations?
Thanks

Man of Honour
I usually look at the SN570 or SN580 for a storage drive, since they're guaranteed TLC (in the datasheet) and usually affordable. You might want to check reviews about the copy speed and SLC cache size, depending on your usage.

Soldato
Hi looking for a 1Tb drive just for storage, it will be used as a cache drive in unraid and then have any files moved off it every so often, any recommendations?
Thanks

Hi Hope you dont mind me asking a newbie question but I'm currently considering changing my SSD Unraid server to a HDD one. If I left an SSD for a cache pool what would it be used for? Its a Jellyfin server and from what I have briefly researched programs are stores on the RAM? Is an SSD just used to bring the files over initially from my main computer and then transferred to the slower hard drives over night?

Associate
OP
Hi Hope you dont mind me asking a newbie question but I'm currently considering changing my SSD Unraid server to a HDD one. If I left an SSD for a cache pool what would it be used for? Its a Jellyfin server and from what I have briefly researched programs are stores on the RAM? Is an SSD just used to bring the files over initially from my main computer and then transferred to the slower hard drives over night?
In my case all appdata is on my nvme and my ssd is used for downloading onto before moving onto the array

Back
Top Bottom