Office Chair vs. Gaming Chair

Soldato
I really want the Herman Miller Logitech Embody, but the price tag is so much, even on sale.
honestly its a good chair but the recline is not as good as the Aeron, actually think the Aeron is a better chair if you don't mind the mesh, you can get them for quite cheap on the Bay and about £600 refurbished they look brand new. Another option is the steel case leap v2 it also is a good chair.

I have said this before, I don't think its worth the price tag Herman Miller is asking, its a very good chair but it has 1 big issues and 2 minor ones for me. The big issue is it can roll your shoulders forward and minor issues are the recline need quite bit more activation force relative to Aeron and the seat can do with a tiny bit more padding. It also needs a headrest and you can buy that separately now. These are just changes I would make but you may find these are fine for you.

Last edited:
Soldato
In total contrast to @AMDPower i don’t find the recline needs much force at all. In fact I need to tighten it up on my chair! And I don’t find the lack of headrest an issue at all. The way the chair makes you sit means a headrest isn’t required. I still think it’s an expensive chair for what it is

Associate
OP
I really want the Herman Miller Logitech Embody, but the price tag is so much, even on sale.

Then buy something much more affordable. The mirra for example, is half that price. Lots of other brand much more affordable than the Embody. You dont need to buy embody to have a very good quality office chair. Buy something affordable or refurbed.

Last edited:
Associate
In total contrast to @AMDPower i don’t find the recline needs much force at all. In fact I need to tighten it up on my chair! And I don’t find the lack of headrest an issue at all. The way the chair makes you sit means a headrest isn’t required. I still think it’s an expensive chair for what it is
Pretty much the same experience for me. Recline pressure is adjustable so can be tweaked to suit. It is very expensive even at the current sale price, but i sit in mine for 10+ hours a day and have a dodgy back, so dont feel remotely ripped off.

Soldato
Pretty much the same experience for me. Recline pressure is adjustable so can be tweaked to suit. It is very expensive even at the current sale price, but i sit in mine for 10+ hours a day and have a dodgy back, so dont feel remotely ripped off.
how are you adjusting the recline pressure? does this void the warranty?

Back
Top Bottom