Poll: Official 2023 Dutch Grand Prix Thread - Circuit Zandvoort - Round 14

Rate the Dutch race

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Associate
It's when you start looking at all the stats from previous seasons (Further down in the linked reddit post) that you start to realise how better we have it now.

I thought I'd look at the 1998 Belgian GP for comparison (Just because it was also very wet) and at the top of the spreadsheet is the 1998 Australian GP, just 5 total overtakes and only 1 was televised :p to think I was watching it as religiously then as I do now. Even if people call current races 'boring', I'll still watch it anyway.

Last edited:
Soldato
I think be careful saying we have it better... How many of the overtakes from this last race were easy DRS moves on the main straight?
Certainly the noise and the better commentary team helped the sport for me. :D
When I think back to a wet race that I thought was seriously good, it's the 99 European race. The 98 Belgium one was all about that carnage.

img

img

Associate
It looks like they put on a good show if you are there. Most races seem to so nothing when there is red flag for fans.

Race is poor. Swap sargent and perez for a laugh and see what the red bull is like

Soldato
Wut

(Do not click on this link)

i Liked the commentary in the mid-late 90’s and early 2000’s. I remember the big anti-James Allen push there was for a while on the ITV-F1 forums… :D If only people could know what we’d have these days.

Caporegime
Leclerc's mind must be completely shot.

Went from thinking he could well be world champion at the start of last season. Putting it on pole all the time and battling Max.

Now he's having an absolutely terrible time/season.

Associate
Wut

(Do not click on this link)

I was so glad they ditched Ziggo. The commentators were awful. Just wanted to talk about Max the whole race long and barely mention anyone else.
Unless it was Hamilton, they hated him :p

Soldato
Leclerc's mind must be completely shot.

Went from thinking he could well be world champion at the start of last season. Putting it on pole all the time and battling Max.

Now he's having an absolutely terrible time/season.

He’s just being put through the Ferrari mind mincer like those who have gone before.

Alonso, Vettel, Kimi all were ground down by a few seasons there.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom