******Official Star Citizen / Squadron 42 Thread******

XPE

XPE

Soldato
Its a bit of a pain in the ass, as you get bits of different interaction systems coming together now and you add a new UI on top of that.

Soldato
OP
Up until the recent patch yes, latest patch is apparently much harder than before though. I haven't had a chance to play yet though.

Economy seems to be the focus of balancing though so it may change. Part of the issue is it was arguably too easy last time - but I'd argue that we're only at one system, the game economy needs to work for many planetary systems so there's little point in being harsh now.

Soldato
Hi everyone,

I wanted to share an amazing moment I had with Star Citizen.

This evening, I picked up an investigation mission in Microtech that paid 30k aUEC. The task was simple: find a dead body in the new distribution centers. I had done about 10 similar, low-paying missions before, so I thought this would be a breeze.

The mission description mentioned hostile encounters, so I packed a Karna rifle and a silenced pistol.

When I landed near the lobby and entered the maintenance area, I encountered what looked like innocent NPCs in plain work clothes. But they started shooting at me! I pulled out my pistol and engaged them. They were moving, ducking for cover, and I was blown away—it felt like a real FPS shooter.

After clearing them out, I went into the main lobby and dealt with a few more enemies. They were better equipped, but there were only about 4 or 5 of them—nothing too tough.

Then, a mission marker indicated that the target might be below the lobby, near the storage/loading dock/operation areas. I took a lift down to the security checkpoint and, to my shock, was greeted by about 10 heavily armed NPCs! I barely survived the encounter as I struggled to clear the area upon exiting the elevator.

Deeper into the facility, I encountered more NPCs, but I managed to sneak past most of them and finally found the dead body in a maintenance shaft. Mission complete, right? But I decided to try making it back to my ship.

On the way back, I had to fight through the facility again, facing multiple NPCs who flanked me, took cover, and overall felt like a real modern-day FPS shooter. This was on a typical server with about 6-7 server FPS, and I was blown away by how responsive, dynamic, and challenging the AI was.

I survived purely by luck, treating the AI like I was playing Arma 3—cautious, tactical, and picking my shots carefully.

This was my WOW moment in Star Citizen, and I haven't felt like this in the game for years. It's always been a dream to have a seamless open-universe game where I can fly to a location and seamlessly transition into an FPS-style mission.

Thanks for reading!

edit: this mission took me approx an hour to complete from start to finish and i ******* loved it

Last edited:
Soldato
I finally managed to play about 10-20 minutes last night, loaded up the tutorial and made it to my ship, took off and followed the markers, jumped to a space station and crashed into it.....my dreams of being Buck Rogers ended I decided it was time for bed.

Quite enjoyed my little toe dip, I may even put my specs on tonight so I can read the messages in the tutorial properly.

Back
Top Bottom