Overclockers - Refract Gaming Azure

Associate
Hi,

Appreciate there are a number of threads on PC builds. I have around £2k to spend and a number of recommendations lean toward AMD spec CPU and GPU. I lucked out when building out my PC in 2016 with an Intel i7-6700K and have only had to upgrade memory and GPU since then. I am a little behind on where the market now sits and what is best way forward Intel vs AMD and Nvidia vs AMD.

My question is the new refract range worth considering - https://www.overclockers.co.uk/refract-gaming-azure-1440p-pre-built-gaming-pc-fs-1dp-ep.html or is it suggested to build out a different spec. Prefereably pre-built or I get OCUK to put together as per last order.

Main driver is gaming at 4k with Mid-High performance. Need a quiet PC as it is in a shared room and from memory my previous AMD GPU ran hot and loud.

No additional peripherals needed and I wont be re-using my old PC for parts/case as handing it down to my son whilst it has some legs left.

Thanks

Man of Honour
I copied the spec as best I could (many components are not named by brand/model):

My basket at OcUK:

Total: £1,814.87 (includes delivery: £0.00)​

So far as I'm aware, OCUK charge £150 + 4% (of build spec) for a custom PC.

Main driver is gaming at 4k with Mid-High performance. Need a quiet PC as it is in a shared room and from memory my previous AMD GPU ran hot and loud.
For 4K, I'd look at something more like this, with a stronger graphics card that has more VRAM:

My basket at OcUK:

Total: £1,835.88 (includes delivery: £0.00)​

(Assumes use of the CPU's box cooler for the 7700.

Ideally, I'd like the 7800X3D, but these benchmarks show the difference is generally small @ 4K:

£420 (incl. VAT)
£360 (incl. VAT)
£200 (incl. VAT)
£170 (incl. VAT)
£120 (incl. VAT)
£105 (incl. VAT)
£315 (incl. VAT)
£300 (incl. VAT)
Last edited:
Man of Honour
Tetras thanks for the quick reply yesterday - is there an alternate CPU cooler recommendation than stock - water cooling possibly
I'd get the peerless assassin, reviewed here.

I only chose that cooler because OCUK often fit kolink parts to their pre-builds and I was trying to copy the spec, I don't know how it performs.

Motherboard: maybe the B650 Gaming X or the Tomahawk.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom