• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

OVERCLOCKING A AMD 64 4000+ HOW ??

Associate
Ok its been about 6 months now and i havent oc my cpu sucessfully i find it difficult to oc my cpu and run it normally as in about 20mins later my pc restarts BUT my cpu temp was 35 celsuis, shouldnt restart right :confused: can it be due to not enough power as i think my pc is underpowered :( 400watts enough to power the cpu at stock speeds i think anyway as you can read im in a bit of a pickle and need some Expert help...

Mul

Mul

Associate
hey there. Just some advice mate. Your sig? It is way too big.

Sounds as though you need more CPU Voltage. What PowerSupplyUnit are you using?

Mul

Associate
WOOO!!! big sig!! change it before a mod does for you.

And are you stress testing your cpu at all?? Also have you tryed raising the voltages :confused:

It could be your psu as even a top name 400W would struggle too run your rig at stock

Associate
OP
Well i raised the voltages nothing happened to the ghz then i raised the htt to 210 .. starts up then after 20mins restarts...could it be the psu
Akasa Ultra Quiet 400W Paxpower Active PFC ATX2.0 PSU<< Letting my system down

Wow quick help thxs guys

Last edited:
Soldato
Jedi-Gman said:
Well i raised the voltages nothing happened to the ghz then i raised the htt to 210 .. starts up then after 20mins restarts...could it be the psu
Akasa Ultra Quiet 400W Paxpower Active PFC ATX2.0 PSU<< Letting my system down

Wow quick help thxs guys

Your sig is way too big (just look at everyone else's) and doesnt make sense. You cant run ddr2 memory on a amd board ;)

Whats are your voltage rails? 5v, 12v and 3.3v?

Soldato
I suggest a trawl of the net, or basically leave well alone as it's quite clear you dont have any knowledge of overclocking.

Not being rude but you really do need a bit of a basis of knowledge before you start overclocking.

It's not something you "just do"

There's theory behind it all.

Associate
OP
well i do have knowledge of overclocking as i have oc P4s easily but oc a amd uses more skill ... and expensive components plus DFI boards are crap

Soldato
In that case then, yo should be o.k as the only other thing you have to worry about is HTT.

This usually runs at 1000 (5x200 fsb) if you (for example) raise the fsb to say 250fsb then you should reduce the HTT multi to 4x to keep it 1000.
Other than that the principles are the same.

Soldato
Jedi-Gman said:
DFI boards are crap

Riiight...thats why they are widely regarded as the best clocking boards by pretty much every world record holder :). Only ones i can think of that arent on a DFI are the 2m,8m and 16m for superPi which were done on an Epox.

Back
Top Bottom