Post Your Daily Encounter Pics Here

Soldato
Soldato
Surely at some point it will become impossible to get insurance, they will just say no.
Prices will just increase, 2x fault claims is not unheard of, will take a couple more before outright refusal. He has bought / been bought a brand new GR86 so clearly money is not a massive issue!

Underboss
first time I've seen a new BMW Z4 (2 year old) in a lovely red colour
lady was sat in it, so I didn't take a photo

think it was the M sport

much nicer in the flesh , pics don't do it justice

Last edited:
Associate
Not sure it warrants posting here but also didn't think it was worth its own thread :D Late night musings into other car options should I need to sell my McLaren to free up a few pound notes and got looking at any and all options including AMG GTRs, looked at approved used and sadly only GTSs on there however what shocked me was the quality of presentation from dealers with main dealer approved used cars selling for £67.5k. Dirty car with what almost looks like lacquer peel around the badge (probably also just dirt but still...)

Had it been a consideration it would've been ruled straight out. Do they really care this little nowadays?

SOME

Last edited:
Soldato
Not quite the same class of car, but I went to look at a Z4 M40i not so long ago, and it was similar to that. The thing was a mess, filth everywhere, scratches all over it, interior scuffed. I asked the salesman if it'd only just been brought in to stock and he said they'd had it a couple of weeks, and that if I wanted the scratches sorted they'd be done as part of the PDI, not before sale.

I guess they're trying to cut every corner now to save a buck, hoping that people buy online without seeing the car first.

Caporegime
Not quite the same class of car, but I went to look at a Z4 M40i not so long ago, and it was similar to that. The thing was a mess, filth everywhere, scratches all over it, interior scuffed. I asked the salesman if it'd only just been brought in to stock and he said they'd had it a couple of weeks, and that if I wanted the scratches sorted they'd be done as part of the PDI, not before sale.

I guess they're trying to cut every corner now to save a buck, hoping that people buy online without seeing the car first.

many a car i have looked at is only cleaned and scratches sorted on PDI once its sold. Seems to be the trend nowadays. But granted not expected on almost £100k cars though

mjt

mjt

Soldato
many a car i have looked at is only cleaned and scratches sorted on PDI once its sold. Seems to be the trend nowadays. But granted not expected on almost £100k cars though
This seems to be the trend. I put down a deposit on something to view next week and the dealer warned me it wouldn't be clean, but they had already sorted a few scuffs and things. Everything will be sorted for collection, apparently..

Don
I think it's a sales tactic. Show the car as needing some bits and pieces sorted that will be fixed before collection. When collection day arrives, most buyers will be so excited to be getting their new car, are they really going to walk away because of a few imperfections?

• Angry
Reactions: mjt

mjt

mjt

Soldato
I think it's a sales tactic. Show the car as needing some bits and pieces sorted that will be fixed before collection. When collection day arrives, most buyers will be so excited to be getting their new car, are they really going to walk away because of a few imperfections?
I had this when I bought a £1500 Volvo. Certainly wouldn't expect this from a main dealer, but they are unfortunately all scum..

Caporegime

I almost did. In the end I accepted it with a written assurance they would fix the scratches and dents at a later date. They tried to squirm out of it (I wasnt very local) and they tried instead to get a local company to me to do it but then they got the quote and they obviously wasnt happy! End the end I accepted a cash payment for it instead.

Back
Top Bottom