Post Your Garden!

Caporegime
Finally an opportunity to break out the slip n slide. My 43 year old body is slightly broken and recovering with a healing gin and tonic.

KZ1VwYCh.jpeg

Soldato
I've done the annual big jetwash but there are black marks I can't get off...

Any idea what this is an how I might get it off? All I can think is I have fertilised the lawn but not like a drunk person so I don't believe I've gone this mad...

PIFqzle.jpg

Soldato
I've done the annual big jetwash but there are black marks I can't get off...

Any idea what this is an how I might get it off? All I can think is I have fertilised the lawn but not like a drunk person so I don't believe I've gone this mad...

It might be black mould. First thing I would try is a scrubbing brush and water. If that doesn't work then add a cleaning product that is safe for your stones, maybe Patio Magic if safe.

Soldato
yeah its the nuke it from orbit thing I'm a bit sketchy about... both my hands and my grass?

I also have some rust stains from a table, how do you get rid of rust marks?

Soldato
Only our second year in a new house / garden we planted a couple of blueberry plants last year and one of them has suddenly looked like it’s dying at some branch ends.

Image below any ideas?

IMG-0984.jpg

Everything else about it looks fine, flowers and leaves look healthy.
just trim off the dead ends, the rest of it looks healthy enough.

Soldato
A lawn (field!) that size is going to be tricky to water manually, are you planning on getting 100 sprinklers set up?
Been doing it by hand!! Going to have to look more into it but don’t know where to start!

Coming along nicely :) going to need some weed treatment when it’s safe to do so.

Last edited:
Man of Honour
how much of the garden will that also kill?

Probably none, I’ve used barely diluted bleach and it didn’t affect any plants next to it. It really works on the patio, ours was terrible, lots of black and yellow lichen along with moss, it cleaned them up and stopped any of it growing back.

Last edited:
Soldato
Two of my sheds are starting to look the worse for wear so I took the afternoon off and chucked some wood stain at them..

gaRTbKO.jpg

eD7h4xA.jpg

Couldn't be arsed painting the back.

T35LOKX.jpg

95ZQRS7.jpg

This twisted Hazel needed taming as it was blocking off so much light (that, and I want to see when the pigeons are munching on my veg garden, so I can shoot the bloody things)..

8KIFWDr.jpg

B3ODBmk.jpg

The chicken area was completely over grown, so put the strimmer to use and ran the mower over it..

tGdyOK0.jpg

I've only one chook left and when it dies I won't get anymore, so will fill that area with bee friendly flowers and leave it to nature.

There was a hornet in one of the sheds I painted, and it was making a nest, so that go bashed down.

Back
Top Bottom