Project: Two storey/part single storey side and rear extensions

Soldato
I did; but i was also reading off the quote, not the invoice when i provided the figures Friday. But' why can't i factor in it incurred additional expenses (we had to travel and shop around) but also consumed significant time and effort on our part, plus addtional rent, bills etc while we was messed around for months with promise of the doors.
You can, but don't lie about it. This is legal 101 stuff.

Soldato
My question is: "Do you need to be gas registered to cap off any gas pipe?" Additionally, this plumber had drained the system multiple times, causing many leaks, and ultimately it resulted in us needing a new boiler.

You 100% need to be a gas safe engineer, get a proper one on the job, don't risk this if you're living in the property.

kai

kai

Soldato
OP
Any update on how this has gone @kai?
All Quiet on the Western Front. :cry:

Not heard a thing; so no news is good news. However, if i do get a phone-call ( i suspect i will get one, when he is hard up for money and chancing) i am going to ask why he has broken the law and had gas work completed without a gas safe engineer. My old gas supply into the kitchen has been capped and was done by the carpenter.

Work is starting on the garden next month (reputable company) i have used in the past to have composite decking put down level with inside. The outdoor kitchen and a new seating area will likely follow later in the year.

Last edited:
Soldato
All Quiet on the Western Front. :cry:

Not heard a thing; so no news is good news. However, if i do get a phone-call ( i suspect i will get one, when he is hard up for money and chancing) i am going to ask why he has broken the law and had gas work completed without a gas safe engineer. My old gas supply into the kitchen has been capped and was done by the carpenter.

Work is starting on the garden next month (reputable company) i have used in the past to have composite decking put down level with inside. The outdoor kitchen and a new seating area will likely follow later in the year.

Glad to hear it's been a peaceful few weeks and hopefully I haven't jinxed anything!

Are you finished inside the house now?

We've had our watertight shell built and are waiting for my son's treatment to finish before we knock through in about a month. We've used the time to do the garden though.

kai

kai

Soldato
OP
Glad to hear it's been a peaceful few weeks and hopefully I haven't jinxed anything!

Are you finished inside the house now?

We've had our watertight shell built and are waiting for my son's treatment to finish before we knock through in about a month. We've used the time to do the garden though.
Over the last two weeks, I've been busy with some finishing touches around the house. While nothing major, tasks like applying silicone sealer and caulking have proven to be quite the skill. What might have taken someone five minutes has taken me half a day, as I wanted to ensure everything looked just right. I even invested in a smoothing tool to help with the process.

There are also some finishing tasks outside, like sealing under the eaves on the roof. Being next to the woodland, it's crucial to ensure there are no gaps. However, I'm considering getting this done as it's going require something like a roof bridge ladder.

In addition, I've completed all the paintwork and glossing. Although there are some areas of shoddy brickwork finish in the corner of the house, they can wait as they're not urgent. We are basically in a 99% finished product

Do you have a thread going; sorry if i have missed this but i would like to follow :)

Last edited:
Soldato
Over the last two weeks, I've been busy with some finishing touches around the house. While nothing major, tasks like applying silicone sealer and caulking have proven to be quite the skill. What might have taken someone five minutes has taken me half a day, as I wanted to ensure everything looked just right. I even invested in a smoothing tool to help with the process.

There are also some finishing tasks outside, like sealing under the eaves on the roof. Being next to the woodland, it's crucial to ensure there are no gaps. However, I'm considering getting this done as it's going require something like a roof bridge ladder.

In addition, I've completed all the paintwork and glossing. Although there are some areas of shoddy brickwork finish in the corner of the house, they can wait as they're not urgent. We are basically in a 99% finished product

Do you have a thread going; sorry if i have missed this but i would like to follow :)

Fyi for siliconing I can highly recommend this plus spray a little water to the surface

Yes it's a ******* job and takes 10x as long as the pro's!

Reactions: kai
Back
Top Bottom