Question for owners of Noble Hero chairs re PU longevity

Associate
Hi all

I am considering getting a Noble Hero Black (not the Black Edition with the new PU) and would be grateful if you would share your experience with how long the regular PU lasted before it started looking worse for wear.

Also would be handy to know how long it took for the reportedly hard seat to become comfy.

Thanks for your help!

OcUK Staff
A little bias coming from me, but I've used the White PU chair for 4 years now and not had any tears or damage to the chair. - The base is still firm, but has softened up over time, but having a firm chair is better for your posture and I'd rather not have it too soft where it ends up over time that you sit on the metal frame. :)

You can clean the chairs and maintain them easily too, so nothing to worry about when it comes to wear.

Associate
OP
Thank you for your helpful reply - much appreciated.

It's really good news about the PU - I realise mileage may vary, but 4 years seems pretty fair to me!

I too prefer a firm chair but was somewhat concerned about the common complaints about the chair's seat. I am one of those people who can't sit on a park bench for long because my butt bones feel like they are getting bruised lol.

I think I will order the chair - one of the main reasons being that I can try it for a month and return it for free if needed. I have not noticed that offer anywhere else. I so miss the old days where i could visit several shops and actually try chairs out first....

Thanks again for your help :)

Associate
OP
Typical - my timing sucks. Just went to order the Hero Black Edition and found that the sale for it had ended. Talked with a very helpful staff member (Oliver - who gave me absolutely loads of details when I phoned a couple of days ago - top marks!) but unfortunately nowt could be done. Will have to keep an eye out for future sales.

A huge plus to all of this is that at least I now know which chair I want to try!

Associate
OP
Nope - I'm being a muppet. Just found some prices I'd scribbled down over the weekend. The Black edition was not on sale at all - doh. It would cost about £105 more than the regular Hero Black (which is on sale at the moment). Hmm - may be worth waiting to see if the black edition goes on sale at some point.... - or to heck with it and just buy the regular.... hmmm....

Soldato
Hi all

I am considering getting a Noble Hero Black (not the Black Edition with the new PU) and would be grateful if you would share your experience with how long the regular PU lasted before it started looking worse for wear.

Also would be handy to know how long it took for the reportedly hard seat to become comfy.

Thanks for your help!

A lot of it depends on how you look after it - PU can last 5 years for one person and 1 year for the next person.

if you want PU to last a long time then follow these rules:

* Always wear a pants and shirt , don't let you skin touch the seat
* Wear soft clothes only instead of hard materials like jeans and things with buttons etc
* Keep the room at a stable comfortable air temperature where you won't sweat on the chair
* And lastly, clean the chair once in a while with leather cleaner

Follow these rules and the PU should do at least 5 years. Do the complete opposite and it could even last less than 1 year, depending on how much you sweat on it

Last edited:
Associate
OP
Thanks for the tips Grim5 :)

I am fine with all of those except I may have a problem with the temperature; in the summer the room is in full sunlight all afternoon. Even with venetian and sun blinds lowered, the room can easily reach 35+ degrees C (yes in the UK! - sometimes anyway). I do quit and leave the room before then but have probably have worked up a sweat before I give up and walk away. Hmm - maybe cover the seat with towels in the summer....

Soldato
Thanks for the tips Grim5 :)

I am fine with all of those except I may have a problem with the temperature; in the summer the room is in full sunlight all afternoon. Even with venetian and sun blinds lowered, the room can easily reach 35+ degrees C (yes in the UK! - sometimes anyway). I do quit and leave the room before then but have probably have worked up a sweat before I give up and walk away. Hmm - maybe cover the seat with towels in the summer....

If you have no choice then just clean the chair often, the longer the sweat sits on the PU the more damage it wil do, so if you clean the chair every few days it will help a lot.

Associate
OP
If you have no choice then just clean the chair often, the longer the sweat sits on the PU the more damage it wil do, so if you clean the chair every few days it will help a lot.

That seems an easy regime to follow - so all should be well. BTW - just ordered the Hero Black - looking forward to trying it out!

Cheers :)

Commissario
I use two chairs regularly, the black with red stitching and the black edition and apart from a bit of dust around the edge of the seat, there's no marks, rips, tears, worn patches on any of them. The black with red stitching is in my office and is used for eight to nine hours every weekday and the other one is in my shack and sees that sort of usage on weekends.

My shack regularly gets up to over 30°C in the summer when I've got the radio and amplifier going. I very occasionally dust the chairs but apart from that, I've never done any maintenance on them whatsoever.

Back
Top Bottom